Only 2 days in and back to square one today

Options
Hi Everyone,
I just joined two days ago and they have not been going very well. My days always start out strong but I am failing at night. I had a slice of left over bday cake that pushed me over my goal on Monday and yesterday my husband brought home a big box of chocolates for Vday. I am trying again today, I know I need a treat in the evenings and one have any suggestions to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Replies

• 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    rice cakes or granola bars should be better than cake for a late snack
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hang in there girlfriend!!! Dried cranberries or clementines seem to do the trick for me.
  • zinaclark
    zinaclark Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again today!! I find the Nature Valley granola thins are a nice snack for a sweet tooth, they're 90 calories (not sure of the other nutritional values off my head). They come with peanut butter or dark chocolate. YUMMY.
  • 2Grtkids
    Options
    Sugar free pudding cups, or jello cups, or hot chocolate (I live in cold weather :smile: ).
  • amb57
    amb57 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It can take some time getting used to making this work. I suggest light ice cream bars or sandwiches. They're portion controlled and Skinny Cows are yummy. Add this to your day first thing in the morning so you know you get this after a good day. I hope this helps. :)
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies are only 90 calories each.
  • robins2402
    Options
    It's all about sugar-free jelly (or jello if you live across the pond).
    10 calories a portion, fat free and with a bit of protein.

Oh, and SUPER TASTY!
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    As bad as I might get badgered for this ... Twinkies. LMAO, they're 150 calories so not nearly as bad as a cupcake. Feel free to add me if you wish, I have a horrible sweet tooth and I can relate to that battle pretty well :)
  • tamaranewman
    tamaranewman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All the above food suggestions are great. Take it a step further (if you haven't already) and clean out your cupboards and lovingly suggest to your hubby no more chocolate! Plan out your meals and snacks in advance and post it to your food journal; that way your plan is right in front of you. Hang in there. The first week or two is the most difficult but you can do this!
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A glass of low calorie juice kills the sweet tooth for me. Try diet V8.

Also, don't get so discouraged! This is a marathon, not a sprint. It's going to take some time to adjust to your new healthier lifestlye, and there are going to be times where you slip up along the way. Just keep on going! Focus less on single days at a time and more on the whole weight loss journey. Good luck! :)
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Try this.

One jumbo marshmallow = 25 calories
    One graham cracker broke in half and then turned into a sandwich =65 calories
    One dark chocolate hershey kiss = 20 calories
    so for 110 calories you can have a smore!
  • RunningDisneyMommy
    Options
    Try mini Luna bars. They are around 80 calories and have 4-8g of protein in each one.
  • stephaniehays23
    Options
    The Smore is totally pure genius!
  • jojophet
    Options
    All the above food suggestions are great. Take it a step further (if you haven't already) and clean out your cupboards and lovingly suggest to your hubby no more chocolate! Plan out your meals and snacks in advance and post it to your food journal; that way your plan is right in front of you. Hang in there. The first week or two is the most difficult but you can do this!

I'm with this post....I don't trust myself around these types of foods while at home, so I cleaned them out of the house....I've gone so far as to not drive by a fast food joint if at all possible.....why temp yourself......send that cake to work with your husband for the other employees to enjoy....thank him for the chocolates and tell him if he loves you next year he'll write you a poem instead....then eat on and put the rest in the back of the freezer. Then eat one a day til gone or freezer burnt....lol....just my 2 cents!!! :happy:
  • snaus70
    Options
    I like having a serving of some kind of lower sugar cereal in the evening, or fruit. The carbs help me to fall asleep more easily. And, don't think of the two days as lost in terms of your diet because you didn't hit calorie goals, think of it as days spent productively through getting in the habit of tracking your food! :happy:
  • iamfly
    Options
    You've hit the nail on the head sister! That was great advice & I'll plan to use it myself :)
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't look at as being back at square one.... You are becoming aware of what you are eating and how it's not fitting into your calories. It is a big step from not caring and eating whatever you want!

Dark chocolate covered Edamame is a new fav of mine a few of them satisfies the sweet tooth for me.
  • kwill2012
    Options
    Sugar-free fudgesicles. SO good!
  • Kaylake88
    Options
    Hey there I feel ur pain had a great first day then the next 2 sucked hard. My go two snack is pears bannas oh and whole wheat toast with cinnamon butter
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    apple slices and peanut butter!! Can't get enough of this lately.