Who does Zumba?

Options
Does anyone here do Zumba classes & know how many calories it can burn?
I've just started doing it this week and want to make sure I put the rightr amount when logging for the day

Thanks everyone!

xx

Replies

• beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use www.zumbacalories.com to calculate my calories burned.
    It goes by weight, minutes and intensity level (low, mid, high).
  • ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

Or you can log as dancing or aerobics.

Zumba=Awesomeness! Enjoy!
  • bstaats1
    Options
    It depends on quite a few things; a HRM is fantastic for tracking things like this, but a few posts below someone shared the site: http://www.zumbacalories.com/ which is also fairly helpful to give you an idea.

I would say typically anywhere from 400-700 in my experience (for myself).
  • Meerpup
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'll check out the website.
    Can't wait for my next zumba session !
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, I burnt 488 calories in my 50 minute Zumba class last night.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! I do it at my gym. Did it on Monday morning and can't wait for my morning class tomorrow as well.

I can't afford an HRM at the minute, so I use zumbacalories.com as well. From what I hear, it's fairly accurate. I log it as a custom class on here.
  • k8krampe
    k8krampe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love zumba I burn 700-800 for an hour class according to my HRM. I think it depends a lot on the energy level of the class/instructor and what you put into it.
  • Nikola222
    Nikola222 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba!!! Great class I burn 800-900 other classes 500-600!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM I burn 500 in a 50 min class. I have a higher heart rate than average bc of meds I am on though...
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

This site will give you the closest number. I do Zumba 3 times a week and I love it. I burn between 550-650 cals each session!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I take Zumba classes 2x a week. I wear a HRM and I average about 390 to 430 per 55 minute class.
  • CharmCityBella
    CharmCityBella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I use www.zumbacalories.com.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I do, I do! I attend hour long Zumba classes at my gym 6 days a week! Initially I tracked my calories on zumbacalories.com, but I got a rude awakening once I purchased my HRM and saw that zumbacalories overestimated my calorie burns by about 200 calories per session!!!.....And that's with me selecting "low intensity" on the site, which my Zumba classes (or my intensity) is not!~
  • robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    Well I did the class yesterday wearing my shinny new heart rate monitor and I burnt 477 cals in 43 mins

I was shocked i enjoy it so much I didn't think I burnt that much!!

1'm 5"3 and weigh 144 (not sure it that helps!)
  • Chloooe22
    Chloooe22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do Aqua Zumba for 45 minutes a week and zumba on the Wii!! :D I LOVE IT x
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had been using zumbacalories.com to estimate my calorie burn for the Zumba class at the Y.

I just got a HRM so I could more accurately know my calorie burn.

I was so disappointed to find out I was burning only 55% of what zumbacalories.com had figured for me! I am not sure how people are burning so many calories with Zumba... Although I do think it has a lot to do with the teacher and the routines she picks and how energetic she is...

I work very hard in class but don't seem to burn much at all. Extremely disappointed! But I will continue with the class because I love it and feel like it is doing some good.

Sure wish I could burn more calories...
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the Wii, usually for about 20 minutes. I enjoy it but I prefer Just Dance 3 better so I can also sing along. I will check out the zumbacalorie site, thanks for the site.
  • ambulr
    ambulr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist on here when I report Zumba, but will definitely have to check zumbacalories.com out
  • leeann1975
    Options
    I love ZUMBA!!i have a class every Monday and I also have videos to use at home. I think I'm addicted lol
  • leeann1975
    Options
    Feel free to add me my ZUMBA friends!!!!