I must confess..

Options
Lately after I've been eating on a "getting wisdom teeth pulled," diet. I've been hungry more & being "obsessed" with dieting has went to my head & started to make me all irritable (No, not TOM). So I told myself to take a day off and order some pizza. A Larger Hand-Tossed Pizza, pineapple & diced tomatos. Half with no sauce or cheese, half w/ easy sauce & easy on cheese. I ate 7 pieces..I feel bad but I don't at the same time.

Yes, you maybe thinking, "Holy crap!"

But it was pay day, I went grocery shopping, I'm hitting the gym for the rest of the week burning 350- 400 calories a day & lifting for about 25-30 mins.

Please, if you have opinions. Please share :-)

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your net calories are high enough so that it doesn't feel like a wisdom-tooth diet. If I felt restricted most days, I would be binging most days. Good luck!
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    MMMmmmmmm.... pizza.
  • jigglesnwiggles
    jigglesnwiggles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's OKAY!

I posted something similar a few weeks ago about having 1 day a week I feel like I completely fail and just want to eat a bunch of junk. I had many respond and the one that stuck out the most was, you may have failed 1 day but you succeded 6 other days! I had never looked at it that way before but every once in a while you have to take a "break". Don't give up!
  • SouthernNHgirl
    SouthernNHgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One meal will not ruin all of your progress. Keep up the good work!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    a lot of ppl take a "cheat day" or meal once a week....its good not to deprive yourself of thinks you enjoy...i dont see it as a "diet" but a life style change, portion control and exercise. dont have to give up on the stuff you like to eat ALL the time....=D
    you're doing great!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing a great job, and that your choice of pizza could've been a lot worse. I suggest you say 3 Hail Marinaras and you are forgiven :drinker:
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    I agree .One meal wont hurt you> You are doing great so far , Keep up the good work!!And(who can live without Pizza??...not me! LOL):tongue::bigsmile:
  • ...that my loneliness is killing me now.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    should have gone with extra cheese. If you're gonna splurge, SPLURGE!
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday...I just really, really wanted pizza after dieting and working out every day for the past three weeks. So....I bought a pizza. With breadsticks. Luckily, I was full after only 2 slices and one breadstick. I felt bad for going over, but you know what...I think I'm okay with it. It's okay to give in every once in a while...right?

....the only bad thing is that I have leftover pizza and breadsticks for the next week that I have to finish. :/
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    7 pieces of pizza is a lot, but it's not like you're doing this every day. You realize what you've done and now you deal with the aftermath if you gain in weight as a result.

This is a perfect science, this thing called weight loss. It is a lifetime thing. One crazy butt 7 piece of pizza will not undo all your hard work.

Enjoy the gym!
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lately after I've been eating on a "getting wisdom teeth pulled," diet. I've been hungry more & being "obsessed" with dieting has went to my head & started to make me all irritable (No, not TOM). So I told myself to take a day off and order some pizza. A Larger Hand-Tossed Pizza, pineapple & diced tomatos. Half with no sauce or cheese, half w/ easy sauce & easy on cheese. I ate 7 pieces..I feel bad but I don't at the same time.

next time you want pizza double up on the sauce, its healthy. low cal and full of veggies! thin crust may be better then hand tossed, but if its hand tossed your craving go for it.
  • KLDunford
    Options
    Thanks all for the input! :-)