How do you visualize yourself thinner?

Options
I would really like to have some positive images and thoughts in my mind, helping me along to my goals.
Can anyone say what has worked for them in getting mental images to strive for?
I am going from over 200 to under 200, and all I remember is the size pant I used to wear!
Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• khuckaby1
    Options
    This will probably sound silly but my husband and I are going to reward ourselves with a Disney World vacation when we meet our weight loss goals. So I picture that feeling I get when we pull up the gates of the Magic Kingdom and that reminds me of why I am eating healthy.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I like to buy clothes that I can't fit into yet and then hang them in a place where I can see them every day. Right now it's a bathing suit. Talk about incentive!

Edit: I also use "skinny clothes" that I haven't worn in years too.
  • cklei
    cklei Posts: 29
    Options
    I picture myself as a happier healthier person and my default picture reminds me of a thinner me than I am now. But, I am aiming for smaller than I have ever been. I also aimed for wearing pants under double digits :) I just made that goal into 9's now (but have the lovely muffin top LOL) so I will continue to work on it. Good luck to you
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Looking for a visual of yourself? Try this one.

Look in the mirror, study yourself carefully. Don't nit-pick, just notice all the details about yourself. When you have this image cemented in your minds eye, have a seat and close your eyes. Take that image and strip down a layer of fat. You still look mostly the same. Maybe your cheekbones are more prominent. You can see your muscles moving under your skin now. It's small, but subtle change. And repeat as needed to get to a point you think you can do! Just take 5 pounds off at a time. Just imagine it. Really feel how different you'll move, how much lighter you will feel. The more real you can make it, the easier it will be to reach it!

It's worked for me! It is working for me! Next thing you know, you'll be actually seeing these imagined changes in the mirror!
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I picture myself in androgynous cyberpunk or military clothes. Sometimes I picture myself in one of those crazy Gareth Pugh runway outfits.

I promised myself when I get to 160 lbs I would buy a certain top that I wanted, but I have been thinking I might want to wait until 135 lbs, as the top is $120 and I wouldn't want it to be too big.
  • heidienglund
    heidienglund Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am going to try all of these ideas! They are great! Thank you!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i dont..i visualize myself fit
  • MonicaWalls
    MonicaWalls Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily visualize myself thinner. I try to visualize a happier, healthier version of myself and I know I will be so proud. I am already proud. I try not to think about where I've been and just look forward to where I am going. It helped when I just became happy in my own skin the way I was and focused more on becoming healthy and not 'skinny'. I mean....what is 'skinny'? I don't think I would necessarily be happy if I was just 'skinny' ..it takes more than that...being healthy and feeling great and knowing that I am setting a good example for those around me....that equals true happiness for me :) Keep up the good work friend :)