those that are at goal

Options
did you ever think that it was impossible for you to lose weight and be the skinny person i keep thinking ooooh i cant wait to be a size 10 but then i just cant imajine it cant see it being reality but im trying my hardest.....

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, I couldn't imagine going into a shop and picking up a size 12 (US 8) and knowing that it would most likely fit.
    But, here i am. It's possible!
  • venom74799
    Options
    I lost hope of ever going under a size 40 in men's (I was a 46). Now I can barely wear a 34 and will have to start looking at 32's :o
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thank you for a little bit of hope......
    pamela.
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I started my size 12s were TIGHT (i.e. should have been in 14s). I would have been so happy to be in a size 10. A size 8 would be a dream. After 4 months of MFP, readjustment of diet and lifestyle, I was into a size 6! I COULD NOT believe it. I've been maintaining since then, though I got a little lazy at the holidays (6s were tight, 8s were comfortable). Back on track now that I'm training for a 10K. Maintaining has been harder for me than losing, but it is certainly worth it. Pics in my profile, if interested.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Not quite at GW yet but having started at 170lbs and size 12 I never, ever thought I'd wear size 0 pants and be 109lbs.
    It's amazing.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've still got 7 kg (about 15 lbs) to go to reach a normal BMI. Yesterday I went to the shops at lunchtime searching for some clothes. I had no idea what size I was. All I knew was that I have given away most of the clothes in my closet because they were too big (including some which have been there for many years).

When I look in the mirror, I still see a lot more which needs to be done - having said that, I think my Doctor was recently surprised to hear me talk about losing the remaining weight, and then "toning up".

I still have difficulty believing in the change which has happened since the beginning of September last year - but my approach has been to keep rigidly to my MFP calorie limit as this has been having great results for me.

Give it another few months, and you will be answering posts such as these too.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Never in a million years did I think I'd be where I am today. I was the skinny girl in high school but later gained so much weight and I figured that was who I was... Never thought I could or even would do it but here I am, a success story. NEVER say never and NEVER give up. It's a long hard road but it will happen!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I never thought it was impossible to drop the 2 sizes I wanted. I've done it several times before so I knew I could do it again.

I am, however, curious to see if this will be the last time, or if I'll start eventually slacking off on exercise and put it back on again. I sometimes think I'm destined to yo-yo until I'm old enough to retire so I'll have time to exercise without feeling like it's robbing me of my precious free time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!