What have you learned?

finallyproud
finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I thought it would be fun to see what everyone has learned while changing your life style and losing weight :bigsmile: Maybe everyone could share a few things and see what we come up with :flowerforyou:

What I've Learned:

You never know how far you can go until you push yourself

I love running! I love the sound of my shoes on the road.

I will not always be the "fat" friend when I go out! :happy:

With every pound I lose I notice I have got a great pair of legs! lol! :laugh:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You are never too old. I have met a 96 yr old woman who goes to aerobics class every day.

You CAN do it. We can do just about anything, even if it has to be modified. The only thing holding me back is ME.

Next year on June 24, 2010, you WILL look back at this moment. How you feel about it depends on the choices you make today.

God Bless.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    You're definitely never too old. I know a man who completed his first IRONMAN Triathlon at age 70... What an inspiration!!!
  • I have learned that this isn't as hard as i thought it would be, that my willpower is stronger than my physical abilities for now, and that no matter what, i am as strong as my friends on MFP will help me to be, and together we can all do this.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    That after the layers of weight has come off there is someone courageous inside. That person had been smothered by doubt and fear for far too long. Now, I am stronger than I ever thought possible and "I can't" is no longer in my vocabulary, but "I CAN" is spoken each and every day!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    i've learned that the people around you can both help you and hinder you, therefore, choose wisely.

i've learned that life is worth living and the ONE hour a day it takes to make your life THAT much better by exercising and being healthy is such a SMALL request.

i've learned that you choose your moods. no one can "make" you sad, happy, mad, etc. YOU do.
  • finallyproud
    Wow! This is some great stuff :heart: Everyone on here gives me inspiration to keep trying each and everyday :bigsmile: Your all awesome :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    I'm learning that I don't have to be a follower when it comes to being sedentary or making bad food choices.
    I can lead by being a good example for a change.
    I like the feeling after a good workout, walk or swim.
    I think I could become a workout freak if I had the time!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    I've learned that, now that I'm free of white sugar, white flour and processed foods, I no longer have the intense carb cravings that I used to.

I've learned Free Will.

I've learned that if I plan my food, and log it all *before* I eat it, I get a second chance to eat better if I ought to.
  • finallyproud
    i've learned that the people around you can both help you and hinder you, therefore, choose wisely.

i've learned that life is worth living and the ONE hour a day it takes to make your life THAT much better by exercising and being healthy is such a SMALL request.

i've learned that you choose your moods. no one can "make" you sad, happy, mad, etc. YOU do.

This is so true :flowerforyou: It makes you realize that your life is worth the struggle :heart:
  • finallyproud
    Bump :bigsmile:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Iv learned that every minute of every day is a gift.
    I am important and worth more then Iv ever given myself credit for.
    I am in control of myself and responcible for my thoughts, feeling, action and, reactions.
    I am happy with me!
    I also know that I am nerdy and silly and I like it! I will no longer try to change that or hide it! It has made life so much fun!!
    Its ok if I or others laugh at me!!
    I cannot compare myself to others because what I am doing is for me!
    Life is challenging but I can depend on me I will always be there for myself!
    I am Strong!
    Oportunities are all around us and life is funner if we take advantage of them even if the outcome is not what we wanted or expected they keep us moving!
This discussion has been closed.