XBOX KINECT

Options
I hope I'm tracking my Dance Central and Yourself Fitness workout correctly. Does anyone else do XBOX Kinect workouts?

I logged DC as Dance aerobic today, previously I logged as dance general.
I logged the Yourself Fitness a aerobics low-impact.

Replies

• phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    *Yourself Fitness Evolved - the correct name of the game
  • Okieace
    Options
    I use the YourShape 2012 game, my wife uses YourShape and DanceCentral. We log them as custom activities and just enter the calories the games display.
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Your Shape Fitness Evolved?

I love that one, I have the new 2012 one and it is pretty good, the only thing I wish it had was a stretching section, or a cool down.

I also love UFC Trainer, it is by far my favorite!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance 3 all the time- If I log it, I log it as aerobic.
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do! I do zumba fitness, dance central and just dance. I have a heart rate monitor and that really gives a more accurate calorie burn..
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I've tried Zumba, but I don't get it. I honestly just play the games, kinect adventures is so fun and you don't realize youre actually working out! I love it
  • Okieace
    Options
    Yourshape 2012 has a cooldown add on you can purchase and download on the Xbox. Haven't tried it yet myself though. I use yoga or Zen as cooldown workouts.
  • eagle_01
    Options
    i love Your Shape, and log it as aerobics. I do the same thing with the kinect adventure games, though I doubt that's very accurate (certainly the obstacles game burn more the underwater game, etc). I guess an hrm can be useful to get a clearer idea, but for now I just log the time a little less than my actual work out as I find the calories on here to be fairly generous.
  • eagle_01
    Options
    I've tried Zumba, but I don't get it. I honestly just play the games, kinect adventures is so fun and you don't realize youre actually working out! I love it

ditto on the kinect adventures!
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I really like the standard Adventure game that comes with the Kinect. I also like using the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012.
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Just a WARNING to everyone. I do Zumba on the Wii and was logging the cals it was
    giving me until I got a Polar ft4 HRM and the cals I was actually burning were way
    lower. Just be aware and try and invest in a HRM for true cals burned.....
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I will buy a HRM this weekend. I'm sweating and working hard so I know I'm burning somethng.