I'm tired...really tired....

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
...what a crappy day. We're laying off everyone but 7 people at work. Fortunately, I'm one of the 7 still standing. Everyone was told yesterday and their last day is tomorrow. I'm worn out. Emotions are all over the place. I feel bad for the people now without jobs....one fellow has 8 kids at home under the age of 10. My boss was let go, so of course that makes me the evil one to him as I was kept on instead of him. The business will probably be closed for good within a month or two, so now I'm torn between trying my damndest to try to keep it afloat and putting my energies into finding a new job. Of course I'll do both. But what I really want to do RIGHT NOW is stuff my face with a big tub of ice cream, slam back a beer (or 4) and just go to bed. I won't, but, you know, just DANG!!!!

Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm so sorry! That has got to be rough in so many ways! Try running out some of that anger/stress at the gym! Hope things get better for ya and I'll keep you and your coworkers in my thoughts!
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    I agree- I would totally sit down with a tub'o ice cream,, but DON"T! A run or walk will help clear your head and burn off some stress.

I was layed off 2 weeks before Christmas and I am a single mom. It is a tough time on everyone. Hopefully your employees will understand.
  • lmdavis804
    lmdavis804 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, but good for you for not giving into temptation. I know how easy it would be to just let go. I felt the same way a few weeks ago when I found out my hours were getting cut at work. We just need to hold on and use each other for support. You and your coworkers are in my prayers.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. It stinks how bad the economy is right now. I'm a server on my way to grad school...I can't find a normal decent job for the life of me (not saying being a server isn't normal, I just mean...well, you know...). I've been looking for a year now and I still haven't found anything or heard from anyone (even after I call places)...I hope everything works out for you and I hope you find a job. Stay strong with your diet and exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • jcunningham
    Options
    I'm very sorry for all of you! 2 good friends of mine & my mom have been laid off or just permanently let go in the last few weeks. I will pray for you all, be strong & stay healthy...you'll feel so much better in the long run, I am the first one to usually hide my head in a tub of icecream (prefer choc chip :) Take Care!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Awww Joanie, you are always a constant source of smiles and laughter on the boards. I am so sorry you are going through this. It has to be rough on you. You have "survivors guilt" and it doesn't help that you just don't know which way is up. I just know that whatever happens you can face it. You have a real strength of character. Just go to bed if you're able. Do not pass go, do not go to the kitchen. Really, you know how it is. A moment of "friendship, and nurturing" from the food before the awful feelings set in. Get some rest. :flowerforyou:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time. A good friend of mine is going through a similar situation. It just seems like it's everywhere these days! Good job for staying strong though!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I know I'm not alone in this and that tonight I'm just overtired. I'm heading in for a good long soak in the tub then some shut eye. Tomorrow will be a better day....good night, everyone! :flowerforyou: :heart: