Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com ranch dip!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I found a brand at walmart in the refrigerated part of the veggies section that's called Marketside. it's a low fat ranch dip. So thick and creamy and delicious and only 40 calories for 2 TBS. It tastes awesome! You could do homemade hummus too
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    try greek yogurt as a base instead of sour cream.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Lots of yummy ideas x
  • Chinkybrowneyes
    Options
    fat free sour cream sounds yummy on celery. I am going to try that. thanks
  • grodaflicka
    grodaflicka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese blended together with a powdered salad dressing (not the whole pkg, just to taste (ranch or italian)) . Or leave the dressing out and just add diced veggies (colored sweet peppers, green onions, celery...etc)
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can get this in the States, but in Canada Costco sells a Greek yogurt dip made by "Skotidakis" - Jalapeno yogurt dip with 2 probiotics. Two tablespoons have 3.5g of fat, 2g Carb, 3g protien, 50 calories. It is absolutely addictive!

OMG I am addicted to this!!! YUMMOOOOOO
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I totally agree Fage is great 0%.....I sub this for sour cream in all now. Don't tell foks they dont even know!!

^^^ ditto!! I love it
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Everything sounds so good!!!!
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • booherd
    Options
    16 oz Fat free sour cream + one envelope Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Mix = veggie dip that EVERYONE loves. No one even questions whether or not it is low fat. It's a little spicey, just a little kick to spice up celery and carrot sticks!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fat Free, plain GREEK yogurt, Oh how I love thee...
    GREEK yogurt has the same consistency as sour cream. You can do TONS with it. I mix plain Greek yogurt with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip powder mix(5 calories). 1 cup plain greek yogurt = 130 calories vice 2Tbsp of "real" dip being 130 cals.
    You can use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or cream cheese, the taste is not so different, especially if you're creative. You can mix lots of different spices with the plain yogurt for different tastes. Try plain Greek yogurt & salsa.
    It's also a fantastic substitute for mayo. Play around with the spices and you'll have LOTS of different options!

^^^^^^ THIS IS what you want
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I found a brand at walmart in the refrigerated part of the veggies section that's called Marketside. it's a low fat ranch dip. So thick and creamy and delicious and only 40 calories for 2 TBS. It tastes awesome! You could do homemade hummus too
    I'm dipping my carrots into this right now!
  • krissyarh
    Options
    Fat Free, plain GREEK yogurt, Oh how I love thee...
    GREEK yogurt has the same consistency as sour cream. You can do TONS with it. I mix plain Greek yogurt with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip powder mix(5 calories). 1 cup plain greek yogurt = 130 calories vice 2Tbsp of "real" dip being 130 cals.
    You can use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or cream cheese, the taste is not so different, especially if you're creative. You can mix lots of different spices with the plain yogurt for different tastes. Try plain Greek yogurt & salsa.
    It's also a fantastic substitute for mayo. Play around with the spices and you'll have LOTS of different options!

I agree! Greek yogurt is the way to go, and the Hidden Valley Ranch dip powder mix (and maybe some garlic salt) is PERFECT or dip.. you don't notice a difference really and you save TONS of calories.
    I haven't used it to replace mayo, sour cream or cream cheese yet, but I'm going to try!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I combined greek yogurt and hummus together and it was delish! Put it in a wrap, it was awesome.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can get this in the States, but in Canada Costco sells a Greek yogurt dip made by "Skotidakis" - Jalapeno yogurt dip with 2 probiotics. Two tablespoons have 3.5g of fat, 2g Carb, 3g protien, 50 calories. It is absolutely addictive!

OMG I am addicted to this!!! YUMMOOOOOO

I think I am going to have to make a trip to Costco now!!!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Too funny, I was searching today for the same thing and came across this recipe:

Cilantro Cream Dip
    Ingredients:

1 pint low-fat cottage cheese

¼ cup skim milk

1 tbs. fresh lime juice

bunch cilantro, chopped

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together in a blender or processor until smooth.

Chill until ready to serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread, or chips.

I have not made this, but it sounds really good to me! I did put it into the recipe builder and came up with this:

(guessed on servings)
    10 servings, 1/4 cup each

Calories: 35
    Carbs: 2
    Fat: 1
    Protein: 6
    Sugar: 1
    Sodium: 188

This sounds great!
  • sthrnspirit
    Options
    Too funny, I was searching today for the same thing and came across this recipe:

Cilantro Cream Dip
    Ingredients:

1 pint low-fat cottage cheese

¼ cup skim milk

1 tbs. fresh lime juice

bunch cilantro, chopped

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together in a blender or processor until smooth.

Chill until ready to serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread, or chips.

I have not made this, but it sounds really good to me! I did put it into the recipe builder and came up with this:

(guessed on servings)
    10 servings, 1/4 cup each

Calories: 35
    Carbs: 2
    Fat: 1
    Protein: 6
    Sugar: 1
    Sodium: 188

Thank you Dargytaylor - this sounds fantastic!
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    I also like to take fat free greek yogurt and mix it with HOT Pace Picante, 50/50 ratio. It will still have 130-135 caloies per cup but is a nice alternative to the ranch and spice to it helps to increase your metabolism a bit as well. Celery is a nice dipper to!
  • chellehubcap
    Options
    I can't tell if I am gonna get fat reading this board or not! It all sounds so good. :)