3 weeks no weight lost only inches, need advice

Options
:wink: Hi there I am on 1200 a day with a goal to lose 15 lbs. I have been traking for 3 weeks and I have not lost one pound. I did lose 3 inches 1 inch on my bust, 1/2 inch on my waist, and 2 on my hips. Not complaining at all about this :)

Has anyone else experienced this, not sure what is going on.....

Any tips on how to get rid of the belly buldge and start losing some pounds would be great, thanks !!!!

I do exercise 3-4 days a week......mostly running, walking, and light weights

Thanks everyone!!!

Dana

Replies

• PoochPottery
    Options
    It seems like I am going through that now. I think the closer you are to your "goal" or a natural weight for your body the longer the weight loss takes. If you lost inches that means you are building lean muscle which takes up less space. So you may not see the scale move but your clothes feel looser.

It is a good thing Martha!!
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    With your inches disappearing, I'd guess your creating muscle, which weighs more than fat. Looks like you're doing great!!!
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?

http://www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

Inches is a great loss :)
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    If your losing inches, that is considered good because it means that your building muscle and burning fat. Muscles take less space than fat. As much as we want the scale to move, the goal is to build muscle and burn fat. sounds like that is what is happening with you
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    That's quite a lot of inches lost! Congrats!

You are probably redistributing your weight, the weight loss will follow! Just be patient. You may actually need to increase your calories for the weight to come off too. The closer you are to your goal, the slower the losses will be. You have to be patient!
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Measure your waist at the belly button and at its thinnest part and make a goal about that, not weight loss.
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, DON'T STOP! Please don't get discouraged. I did. I lost 30# in 3 months and then the scale stopped moving and I gave up and put it all back on in 6 months. Stop paying attention to the scale. Whatever you're doing is working. Use the tape instead. It's a way bigger motivator. Don't give up, you're doing great!!
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    (IMHO)....If I am getting smaller (losing inches, fitting into a smaller size) I consider it weight loss. I can go down a whole size in 3 weeks, but it takes about 5-6 just for me to see a 5 lb diff on a scale... It will flucuate for weeks sometimes.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    you sound like me. i am 5.2 and started out at 140lbs, my goal was to drop 10lbs in 2 months then another 5 after that. my total goal for all 15 lbs was march 20th, a 5 month span. well i have to tell you i have struggled. i have lost 6-7 lbs. i started out exercising 5 days a week doing 30-45 min cardio. then in dec i started the dvd 30ds and that is where i lost 1 inch off my waist and 2 inches off my hips and belly. no lbs. then jan came and i have been at a halt! i haven't budged in 1 month... so i upped my calories from 1200- 1310 from loosing 1 lbs a week to .5 all i seems to do before was max .5 so i hoped with extra fuel it might make a change. nothing yet :( but i did start my 30ds again 3 days ago, so i hope that is going to re kick start my metabolism... i have 4.5 weeks to loose my last 9 lbs to reach my goal. not sure if i will hit it, probably not t this rate :(
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    If your losing inches, that is considered good because it means that your building muscle and burning fat. Muscles take less space than fat. As much as we want the scale to move, the goal is to build muscle and burn fat. sounds like that is what is happening with you

^^^This! :)
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    As long as the inchs are coming off and the scale stays the same, I would not worry.
    If inchs don't happen and scale stays the same, then worry.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'll take inches over the scale any day. Keep it up, eventually the scale will respond.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What everybody else already said. Hang in there. At one point I was plateaued for a very long time but ran across a photo of my ARM with a tape measures on it. It had been over two months but I had lost more than an inch off my ARM blubber without the scale budging. Progress is progress. About any one area, you can tone the muscles under the fat layer but targeting fat loss in any particular area doesn't seem to happen for anyone. To break my plateau I started mixing things up. Not always staying under the calorie goal, adding protein, reducing carbs for one day and having higher carbs the next. Mixing up exercises. I recently learned about sprint eight and am loving that. Hang in there, you are going to get this.
  • DanaLeitch
    Options
    You guys are all awesome thank you I think I needed to hear it from someone else besides myself...I had a baby 18 months ago as well so its been a massive battle in general and I am 35 this year, thanks everyone for your support and encouraging words......

pateince has never been my strong quality, LOL
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm in the same boat. 15 to lose and nada! Our bodies, I believe are readjusting to another new reality and it will happen. I'm giving myself 5 pound increments towards the final goal of 15 instead of seeing it as the big picture. Wishing you well. And hey, inches lost-WIN!!! :smile: