Add me if you have Crohns!

Options
tabi26
tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
Hi all! Would just like to start with the fact that my MFP friends are AMAZING! Very supportive and wonderful, but I think I need a few friends with IBS,Crohns, or anything else similar. I have Crohns and am just looking for a little extra support in that area. Some days are good and some are bad. Right now I'm flaring and am having a hard time eating, and I guess I'm the type of person who is looking for a WTG when I'm under 1200 calories, because as we all know, when flaring if you eat AT ALL you've accomplished something lol. Anyway please add if you have a similar condition :) I'm sure we can support each other through all the good and bad times :)

Replies

• tabi26
    Options
    Really? No one? :(
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    I was diagnosed last October with Crohn's. You can add me!
  • boe2004
    Options
    Hi there. Your in good company. I had it since i was 16 years old - ruined my life - i am 36 now and this morning had a bit of a panic as i was awake since 5 with those old familiar pains. I know what you mean about eating. If anything goes in your doing fab and people around you do not understand it. Its like climbing mount everest when someone puts a slice of bread in front of you. I will add ya!
  • tabi26
    Options
    This last week I've really been struggling. I think only one day this week I managed to eat 1200 calories, and I was so darned proud of myself for that! It sucks, because in dec/jan/and a bit of feb I was on prednisone.....so I've gone from binge eating (when on pred) to basically becoming anorexic in less than a weeks time (I was on the pred until last Friday, flared again on Tuesday). It's so frustrating as I'm trying to build some muscle and can't get the nutrients I need for my workouts. Dr has put me on pain killers and muscle relaxants stating that I can no longer take pred as it will make me diabetic, but now I have to wait for the asacol to kick in and they say that can take months for some people :( If this keeps up I'll be a sickly looking twig....which is NOT what I'm aiming for!
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    my daughter has Crohns and i see the struggles she goes through....GOD bless you all! Always praying for a cure :)
  • tabi26
    Options
    my daughter has Crohns and i see the struggles she goes through....GOD bless you all! Always praying for a cure :)

Sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope she has found a way to manage her symptoms! This disease can really put you through the ringer sometimes.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's. Was diagnosed right before my 16th birthday. (12 years ago!) THANKFULLY... I have been in remission since like 2003-2004ish! My last colonoscopy with last year, summer of 2011. I was SUPER skinny in high school b/c of my Crohn's. I always had the WORST eating habits. Nothing I ate triggered my symptoms since EVERYTHING came right out not long after going in! So I got to eat whatever I wanted. I danced a LOT in high school and was an officer on drill team. (I just made frequent runs to the bathroom!!!!) But the exersice helped to keep the muscle I needed for energy. 12 years later I'm a big fat blob who still has the worst eating habits (trying to change that though!) and I'm super duper lazy when it comes to exercise. I can't blame anything on my disease anymore. I SO wish I would have learned to eat right in high school!
  • samyjo84
    samyjo84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with crohns a few months ago. I had been trying to lose weight when all of a sudden it was like a switch went off and I couldn't keep anything inside of my body. NOT happy times. I don't know if stress caused it or if it was just going to happen anyways seeing as my mom has it, but its here and not going away. I'm still in the learning process of what I can and can't eat. Somedays it seems like nothing will work. It is really hard to eat healthy and lose weight when all the 'right' food is something I can't eat. I get very frustrated at times... but what can you do. I would love any advice that anyone can give!! Heres to healthy living :)
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    diagnosed with crohns in 2001, started the meds on my 21st birthday :ohwell:
    since then i've been down to 133lbs and upto 224lbs. Currently around 184lbs, i've always found it difficult to maintain fitness and weight due to the condition, one year running half marathons and the next out of breath from climbing a flight of stairs.
    not doing too badly at the moment though, enjoying a period of remission at the moment.
    be good to know what other folks have been able to eat though :)