Controlling weight with Crohns Disease

Options
nursekj
nursekj Posts: 100 Member
Hey any one out there in same boat as me....in steroid overweight land?

Replies

• JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    yes! I have Addison's disease and I have to take cortisol everyday. Plus a whole bunch of other meds. It caused a lot of weight gain. I haven't gained in awhile, but it's proving difficult to lose it. :mad:
  • nursekj
    Options
    Heya I know how you feel. i had a friend with Addisons and that was before I got crohns so I knew what i was in for, add me as a friend if you would like, its just so hard to lose weight on them eh!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have ulcurative colitis, and steroid medications have caused almost all of my weight gain over the last year and a half :( Also caused all of my weight-loss during the flare-up times, lol :(
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have Crohn's too. So far, it's just a mild case. You will love this site. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • nursekj
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying ;-)
  • katiedesormeau
    Options
    i have been on steriods since september... i can finally be done january 31st! i hate them.. i havent gained any weight really but water weight in my abdomen so my clothes don't fit right... I HATE IT.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey. Crohns here too. I'm on mild steriods at the moment. Combination of that and Christmas has seen a gain on the scales. But gotta stay strong - we can do this.

Feel free to add me folks.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's. Was diagnosed right before my 16th birthday. (12 years ago!) THANKFULLY... I have been in remission since like 2003-2004ish! My last colonoscopy with last year, summer of 2011. I was SUPER skinny in high school b/c of my Crohn's. I always had the WORST eating habits. Nothing I ate triggered my symptoms since EVERYTHING came right out not long after going in! So I got to eat whatever I wanted. I danced a LOT in high school and was an officer on drill team. (I just made frequent runs to the bathroom!!!!) But the exersice helped to keep the muscle I needed for energy. 12 years later I'm a big fat blob who still has the worst eating habits (trying to change that though!) and I'm super duper lazy when it comes to exercise. I can't blame anything on my disease anymore. I SO wish I would have learned to eat right in high school!