Over 60 Lost, and a Few Gained (with pics)

Options
dsjohndrow
dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
Well, February 24th is the first anniversary of the current weight-loss journey. I do believe it will be my last time around the barn. I started out not having done much of anything but sit in an office chair,

I have had a number of NSVs: lost inches in the waist; down to 34 from 40. I eat much better food than I ever did. I have logged on to MFP and kept my food diary for about 9 months. It's actually become a way of life for me.

I had knee surgery and gained a few back, but I am on the trail again.

I exercise 4-6 times a week, and stick to logging it all!

Oh yeah, and I lost a few pounds too! Here are the pics:

276.jpg

214.jpg

Replies

• ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU! It's hard isn't it? Keep on keepin' on.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    excellent job it always nice to feel healthier.
  • queenshebah
    Options
    your journey is inspiring. i think ill go buy some fruit now instead of chocolate <3 great job & keep up the inspirational work :)
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK! I know you must feel so much better too! I plan to do the same...come hell or high water! Thanks for posting...did you excerise a lot or just count calories?
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look like a different person!! Very nice job and Congratulations on your success!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great work. Good luck in the future!
  • marckilgore
    Options
    Wow - awesome. I'm just starting and you definitely are helping me stay motivated! I also sit in front of a computer all day and am going to hit 50 in a few more days. I had a scare and went to the hospital and it turned out my heart was fine after a stress test and all of that stuff, but the doctor basically said lose weight. I have no excuses for the past, but am looking forward to the future and getting back to "my old self". You look great, and it's amazing to see how different you look in the photos after losing all that weight. I would have to think that people you hadn't seen in awhile wouldn't even recognize you.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and happy! best wishes to you. :flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up..
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You appear so much younger -- and happier. Seems to happen to a lot of people.
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to the rest of us! Keep up the good work and the blogs!!! :)
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
    What an inspiration man....
    YOU ROCK!!!
    =)
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You have done great, and always have a kind word and a bit of wit for each of us. As another person who has had medical hurdles in this journey, I can really appreciate your resolve. Congratulations on all you have accomplished. Keep up the great work!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Looking good!!!

(now quit dressing like the chunky guy) :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!