"Movement" Question

Okay, so I have been on MFP for 5 weeks now. I have been on 1700 calories since that point, and using intermittent fasting once or twice a week. I've lost about 13 pounds (maybe more after tonight's weigh in). Anyway, during that time I've noticed a significant drop-off in the number of movements I have per week. I have gone from a daily to maybe twice a week. I don't feel bad or uncomfortable, I just don't have the urge to go very often.

This just does not feel normal to me and I was wondering if there was anything I can do. I admittedly don't drink very much water, and don't eat all that much fiber I guess, but I never did those things before either. I would take some advice on some quick and easy fiber sources as well.

Thanks all.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    what goes in must come out.. and if less is going in, less will come out. It's probably not a problem. If it becomes one, try F Factor fiber skinnys cereal or Kellogg's All Bran Buds. Both are huge in fiber and no artificial sweetners. I eat two servings at time and get all the fiber I need right there.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    I am guessing it may be a digestive issue. What goes in must come out some how you many want to drink a little more water talk with a doctor.
  • bigplayclay34
    bigplayclay34 Posts: 22 Member
    Please explain.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    You are putting healthier food in your mouth so there is less waste...also as your body becomes more efficient you will use more of the food you do eat. Don't stress unless you start getting uncomfortable and cramping...THAT is a problem!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I'd incorporate a psyllium husk supplement. It inexpensive, you can get it at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe as well as on line. More is not better. Take the recomended dose or it can be counter productive and stop things up!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    You are putting healthier food in your mouth so there is less waste...also as your body becomes more efficient you will use more of the food you do eat. Don't stress unless you start getting uncomfortable and cramping...THAT is a problem!!

Good point!
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    I think you've solved your own problem...drink more and eat fiber...
  • bigplayclay34
    bigplayclay34 Posts: 22 Member
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with psyllium husk? I am thinking of trying some to get fiber in my diet and jump start my system, so to speak.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with psyllium husk? I am thinking of trying some to get fiber in my diet and jump start my system, so to speak.

Use it every day buddy! What do you want to know? I have caps I use on non gym days, 2 ea. and powder that I put in my protien shake. I think the recomended dose is 1 tablespoon. It keeps it all moving and only adds a negligable(sp?) amount of calories. Don't go overboard though. In this case more is not better and can be counter productive if you get my drift! :laugh: