Crohn's patients

Options
My husband was just diagnosed with Crohn's. It was bittersweet, because for the past few years we've been dealing with fistulas and all kinds of ridiculous things and NO ONE wanted to say anything. Finally we got a doctor who made the diagnosis. I'm looking for some friends on here to help me with getting his diet under control, at least helping me with food choices and such. We have a basic outline, and I can read all I want about it online, but I always prefer personal experiences from the people themselves. If anyone is interested in helping me, please message me! I'd be ever so happy!!!

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a Crohn's patient. Diagnosed 13 years ago. Please feel free to add me.

Namaste
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed with Crohn's almost 10 years ago after my weight dropped to 130lbs. Not too good as a 6' 1" fairly big guy. I had a resection op then which helped a lot. Feel free to friend me.

R
  • jbloch
    Options
    I have Crohn's too! I was diagnosed after my intestines eventually ruptured, after years of stomach issues.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So the responses so far probably aren't making you feel too good. I suggest joining an association which is able to provide plenty of advice. In the UK we have NACC. Membership is £12 per year. This includes a regular newsletter full of people's experiences etc, and local groups you can join. Treatments these days are much improved and there are various options to try to see which suits best.
    Most important, don't feel isolated. It's far more common than you might think.
    R
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's. Was diagnosed right before my 16th birthday. (12 years ago!) THANKFULLY... I have been in remission since like 2003-2004ish! My last colonoscopy with last year, summer of 2011. I was SUPER skinny in high school b/c of my Crohn's. I always had the WORST eating habits. Nothing I ate triggered my symptoms since EVERYTHING came right out not long after going in! So I got to eat whatever I wanted. I danced a LOT in high school and was an officer on drill team. (I just made frequent runs to the bathroom!!!!) But the exersice helped to keep the muscle I needed for energy. 12 years later I'm a big fat blob who still has the worst eating habits (trying to change that though!) and I'm super duper lazy when it comes to exercise. I can't blame anything on my disease anymore. I SO wish I would have learned to eat right in high school!