At a Stand Still!!

Options
Good Afternoon All,

I hope someone can be of assistance. So I have only used MFP for about a month now, and I really like it because it helps me stay focused on what I'm eating and the amount of water I'm consuming. Maybe I'm just not giving myself enough time, and I know that I personally have a problem with wanting instant gratification-which I'm trying to work on.

My cals are set to 1200 (+500 for breast feeding). Before I started using this site I wanted to lose 20 lbs. So far I have lost 10 lbs (7 with the assistance of the site in the first week) but it seems I can not get beyond these 10 lbs, and I'm trying not to get discouraged. Does anyone have any suggestions on losing the last 10 lbs?

sw 140
cw 130

Height 5'1.

I try to exercise 5 times a week. Mostly cardio ( @ home dvds ) 30-60 mins.
I have a desk job so not much activity there, a husband, a 2 yr old, and a 6mon old.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• britlem
    Options
    bump
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump. i also was at 1200 and just upped mine to 1310 as i have been at a stand still for 1 month. my goal was 15 lbs, started at 140, now at 133. it's been 4 months, only 4.5 weeks till i hit my goal time, not sure if i will make it.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Since you only have a little to lose you should change your settings to lose only .5 per week. Eat the calories MFP tells you plus any exercise calories you burn. Also if you have access to a gym or some weights start lifting.
  • britlem
    Options
    bump
  • jayjay2312
    Options
    Hey!

Here's a few things that should help:

- cut out heavy carbs (rice/bread/pasta) they consume a lot of calories and take longer to burn off, instead have more protein (meat/fish) with vegetables. Sounds very boring but it works!

- try to stay away from anything sugary (even fruit juice)

- stick to water (takes a while to get used to but after a couple of days it's just habit)

- make walking a part of a daily routine

I hope this is helpful!

J
  • jzstrong
    Options
    Thanks, I only just realized I am supposed to eat my exercise calories back, which I have not done since being on the site. And perhaps my 2 lbs / wk is a bit aggressive.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Since you only have a little to lose you should change your settings to lose only .5 per week. Eat the calories MFP tells you plus any exercise calories you burn. Also if you have access to a gym or some weights start lifting.
    All excellent advice!