Hello everyone!!!

Options
I'm new on here and just wanted to introduce myself!!! My name's Jamie, i'm 21, married to my husband Jason, and have one very handsome 7 month old son, Landon!!! I weigh about 120 pounds more than I would like to...but let me tell ya....i'd be super happy to even lose 75 pounds!!!! I've had constant weight problems for as long as I can remember. I remember in the seventh grade I began to skip out on my lunch becuase I didn't want to eat the calories, nor have anyone see me eating the calories. It's just been a constant struggle for sooo long. I've even gone through phases of not eating a darn thing and lost a lot of weight at first but was really dizzy (young and stupid) and had no energy so I started eating again....BUT GAINED ALL THE WEIGHT BACK PLUS SOME. That was about 5 years ago though, so needless to say I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON!!! I remember weighing myself thinking, gosh, it's so close to the 200 mark, I need to lose weight before I go into the 200's BUT THEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND NOW WEIGH 230 (was more but I have lost some!!!). Since i'm a JUNE STARTER i'll be posting my before and after pics if I can get my hubby to take the pics of me!!! OH, AND I GOT A MEMBERSHIP AT CURVES, I'M SUPER EXCITED TO WORK OUT THERE AGAIN TODAY (I signed up yesterday!) and let me tell ya, i'm not a huge excersise fan...especially when others can see me doing it, lol!!!

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Hey and welcome! This site has really helped me out tons. Hope that it does the same for you too. I also do Curves and the monthly weigh-ins/measuring keeps ya motivated. Best of luck to you as you change your lifestyle!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, the best site ever HANDS DOWN No question ask, totally awesome:smile::flowerforyou:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We've got a really great group going (check that alliteration, yikes! :laugh: ) for June starters just like yourself. We do Monday weigh-ins and we'll be starting doing month-to-month photos to keep track of our progress and keep ourselves motivated! There are lots of amazing people about with lots of information to share! Just check the posts that start with JUNE STARTERS :)

Congratulations on committing to the change, and I wish you the best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ruthanzalone
    Options
    :smile: good luck to you. Im new too, and Im having a hard time sticking to the exercise rountine. Pure laziness I guess.
  • sudha336
    sudha336 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site. This is my third day. As of now I have stuck to the diet and exercise plan. I think it is an excellent site. I particularly like the food database. It includes most of the food items. Currently I weigh 73 kilos. My goal weight is 62 kilos :smile:
  • 2bamom
    2bamom Posts: 7
    Options
    This is the first I've heard of a June Starters club - I'd love to be part of a group~