Sandwich Toppings?

Options
Hey guys!!!

Was wondering what you guys like on your sandwiches, i bring a sandwich to work for lunch everyday and am getting a bit tired of the turkey, cheese and lettuce. Too bad i hate tomato and onion so im looking for other ideas!!!! To keep it low fat i also use the dijonaise instead of mayo and mustard. Maybe I could try a pesto or garlic on them??? Sprouts?? What do you guys like to use that can help make the sandwich fun!!!

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers and black olives! Also, I'll change it up and make a wrap instead of a sandwich a few times a week. Helps me from getting bored with my lunch. Pesto sounds yummy too though - might have to try it out.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    avacado
  • michmill98
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cold sandwiches but here's a few ideas that have helped me when I was still bringing my lunch.

Tuna, chicken, ham, or egg salad -- all homemade with minimal amounts of mayo (hate mayo so I use just enough to bind the ingredients together)
    Spinach, argula, shredded cabbage, or sprouts instead of lettuce
    Bread changes - tortillas, bagel thins, english muffins (toasted first), hoagie roll (with some of the excess bread removed)
    Laughing cow cheese wedges instead of sliced cheese
    Avocado slices or guacamole instead of mayo/mustard
    Peppers - raw or pickled (banana or jalapeno slices)
    Pickles
    PB&J
    Nutella and banana or strawberries

I rarely bring my lunch anymore as I've found that I have to escape and regroup so I usually go out for lunch - I know pricey and probably not near as healthy nutrition wise as bringing my lunch but it definately helps with the mental health in the afternoon!
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Baby spinach
    Sprouts
    Red bell pepper
    Avacado
    Jalepeno
    Dried oregeno
    Cucumber
    Shredded carrots
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hummus, red pepper relish, avocado mashed like guacomole.
  • peachez650
    Options
    it all sounds awesome!!! I will try some of these out, thanks!!!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    avacado
  • cigarzzz
    Options
    Cucumbers and Peppers...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I second Laughing Cow. This is spreadable & yummy, with lots of flavors

Shredded carrots. I buy a bag of "matchstick" carrots every week. Good in salads and sugar free orange jello too

Salsa - on the right "bread"