A rant about rants about friends!!

Options
StartingAnewDay
StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
i've been seeing a lot of posts ranting and raving, either about people not bieng supported enough, bieng deleted, bieng denied etc. I just don't get it. Yes i'm here for motivation but if a person doesn't do a rah rah cheer everyday through my feed am i going to delete them? NO..

If they eat chocolate and ice cream for breakfast if I peek at their diary am I go to delete them? NO.. (because at one point I was there, I didn't know what to eat, had bad stress, or things were going on above my control, so though I ate badly, I still TRIED, I came and read for motivation, I tracked what i did, I exercised to try and at least maintain through my rough patch, so who am I to judge)!! Maybe what they need is to SEE some good to HELP them get through the patch.

If they don't exercise every single day and get through p90X will I delete them? NO.. Hell!! I can't!!

Do they need to comment on EVERY SINGLE post I make? Scratched my butt today!! burned 3 calories!! *woo hoo* Go girl!!Congratulate me on every 5 day log in, NO!!

What I mean is, speaking and encouraging is fine, when you can, but you should not have some schedule you expect people to live up too, Me, I prefer a person thats real, that understands it's ok to have a bad day, or days, That you don't have to be richard Simmons in disguise, that you don't have to be the fitness guru of MFP. That because you friend Jillian Michaels that channels ghandi in disguise, it doesn't mean all of a sudden you will be fit queen of the month. It's a balance and it also takes TWO.. if you notice someone hasn't spoken in 4 days, ask yourself, have I? Then perhaps say something to them encouraging. Comment on that message that says they haven't logged in for 5 days, You never know if they will see it and be the help they need. Maybe you need to assess what KIND of friend YOU ARE and what it is you NEED and want before judging, belittling, having hurt feelings, sitting on a high horse or running down left field with a banner proclaiming your outrage.

Now I will put down MY banner of outrage and thank lil baby Jesus that I have friends who haven't dumped me, despite I haven't been around for weeks at a time, despite i've not been eating like foo foo bunny, despite I don't comment on their EVERY single post, and that reached out to me when I needed it and are the reason I am STILL here trying my *kitten* off and will most likely in the end suceed, because of friends like them.

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I know some of your journey and accomplishments! Life has it ups and downs and I am here to help stay the course. This friendship is set in CONCRETE ;-)
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i havent been on here long but i cant see getting upset about friends, i give support sometimes, sometimes they give support but i dont keep a count or anything.. hell, i probably wouldnt delete someone even if they insulted me, it would add to the entertainment value of the site
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you and get what you are saying.

Live and let live is my motto. Let people be who they are and be who you are. People have way too many requirements and standards and get disappointed when others don`t live up to it. We are all strangers on this site looking for support and to support others in our weight loss journey.

Some people just need to get a grip or some Xanax......lol.... (joke) .....
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    hell, i probably wouldnt delete someone even if they insulted me, it would add to the entertainment value of the site

^^^^^^Hahaha! This!!!^^^^^
  • Sobe1970
    Sobe1970 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That was one of THE most articulate and well-spoken post I have ever read on MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    People manage their friend list as they see fit.

Case closed.

Don't like that? Then don't be their friend!

We can only control ourselves, our own actions, and whether to react or not.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Come on. Really?

Everyone knows scratching your butt burns 7 calories.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Come on. Really?

depends on how big your butt is...
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Come on. Really?

what if you scatch someone elses, or work in sets?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Every now and then a good rant feels good. You just did it. Don't you feel better?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    <
    Not a cheerleader. I can only say Yay! Great work! and Good job! so many times before I start feeling like an idiot.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And thus the circle of MFP is complete...until tomorrow, folks!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    nice burn...