should i target to lose weight for a month or make it 6month

Options
i'm 5'1 and started at 128lbs now on my 124lbs... one week i'm active with eating fruits and oatmeal and exercise... the next week i'm eating.. meat.. meat... meat..with extra oil.. oil..oil without exercise... my mind is set to lose all my lbs for just a month - if it won't happen.. i'm losing the determination to have more more months to make it work.

what can i do? help please!

Replies

• SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    To be honest, if you are not looking for a life style change, then give up now. You are setting yourself up to gain it all back.

Maybe I'm not understanding your post and your goals.

Assuming I don't understand your post, take the time to do it right and take it off slowly (target 1 pound per week). My 2 cents.
  • andier1686
    Options
    i want to lose weight fast...but i'm also willing to be patient to lose little by little..i just hope i won't be stuck with my current weight.. i'm happy i've lost 4lbs. and a little more to go
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose it so fast? I understand not being happy with your body and wanting instant results, but let me ask you another question: how long did it take you to put on the weight? a month? probably not, so It probably wont come off in a month and stay off.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race my friend.
  • cruisintolose
    cruisintolose Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean about being programmed to lose it fast. I think you should make it a longer journey. I noticed my attitude is changing about how to lose weight to more of a change of life kind of thing. The other day I felt bad because I did not exercise in a couple of days. I had to remind myself it was ok that I was only scheduled to do 3 times a week. I still lost this week. When I have dieted before I had the mindset I had to starve and exerscise 1 hour every day. I like this way much better!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    To be honest, if you are not looking for a life style change, then give up now. You are setting yourself up to gain it all back.

Maybe I'm not understanding your post and your goals.

Assuming I don't understand your post, take the time to do it right and take it off slowly (target 1 pound per week). My 2 cents.

^This!

I've lost "10-15 pounds" several times. YES - it's slow. We're not on Biggest Loser here. But, unless you are looking to make permanent lifestyle changes, the weight will ALWAYS come back. I'm living proof.

This time I will only make changes that I can KEEP for the rest of my life.
  • andier1686
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race my friend.

thanks dear! :happy:
  • andier1686
    Options
    Why do you want to lose it so fast? I understand not being happy with your body and wanting instant results, but let me ask you another question: how long did it take you to put on the weight? a month? probably not, so It probably wont come off in a month and stay off.

you are right! maybe i just really need a clearer image of what i wanted to be.. but sometimes hearing LONGER ... has an advantage and disadvantage... hmmm