Running Shoes??

Options
Hey fitness friends!

After work today I'm going out to buy new running shoes. I am running my first 10 K the end of this month and want to start breaking them in now. I've been wearing New balance. But now I 'm looking at maybe trying the new Nike LunarGlide shoe.. but I'm not sure!

Any advice would be helpful! :)

Thanks,
Kristen

Replies

• Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Seek. Professional. Advice. From. Local. Running. Store.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to a running store and have them fit you for the proper shoes for you. I have had great experience with this..Be prepared to spend between $75-100 but it is worth every penny. Once you buy them the first time, you can usually find them online for a little bit cheaper (mine were100 in store an when it came time to replace them I found them online for 65 so I bought 3 pairs) . I know it's alot of money, but if you run alot I strongly believe it's worth the investment .

Good luck!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I agree. You need to have your feet measured and your gait analyzed. Professional running stores will do this. They'll have you try on several pairs and then have you run in them while they watch. These stores aren't typically found in the mall.

While you're there, pick up a good pair of wick away socks.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What they said ^^^
  • zumbagada
    zumbagada Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your feet and the way you run. Some shoes are better if you overpronate, others if you underprontate, others if you have a neutral gait. If you have a running store close to you, I would go there and have them test you. They should be able to look at your feet and your gait, and give you a few good suggestions.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

^^This^^
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The best shoes for your feet will depend on your arches, pronation, etc. Get advice from good shoe store (not some teenager just selling shoes in the mall) about which shoes are best for your feet.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Not to give advice (disclaimer): but I'm in my 2nd pair of Nike Pegasus. These are Pegasus 28's. If the running store (Luke's Locker, etc.) says you need a neutral shoe, I'd check out the Pegasus. Good luck on your 10k. I have a 5k at the end of March. Just ran my first in January.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Best advice on this topic right here. ^^^^^^
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    So true and so worth it. I was running in shoes that I thought were great for me (because hey, there were a great running shoe brand). I went in to a local store and had someone analyze my walking and running gait. Ended up with a pair of shoes that made running enjoyable. Under $100.
  • KristenLynn87
    KristenLynn87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!! So I went to a running store and had my feet analyzed by a cool machine. They fit me in a pair of Asics running shoes. THEY FEEL AMAZING.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!! So I went to a running store and had my feet analyzed by a cool machine. They fit me in a pair of Asics running shoes. THEY FEEL AMAZING.

congrats! It feels good when you know you got something done the right way!