I need lunch ideas...

Options
I am struggling for lunch ideas under 300kcals.

I have been on soup for a while and have got myself to the point now were I cant even stand the thought of soup.
I like most things. Needs to be something I can keep in my bag and not be reheated. Stuck...Super stuck...and hungry :P

Jaz xxx

Replies

• shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you like tuna? I like to eat chunk light tuna in water with light miracle whip.

1 can of chicken of the sea chunk light is 150 cal, and 2 tbsp of light miracle whip is 40 cal.
  • akkimberly
    akkimberly Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1 cup kraft classic italian pasta salad with 1/8 of an avacadoe is what I hadfor lunch today. It was filling, high in potassium & only 270 calories.

Pasta salad = 220 calories per cup
    Avacadoe = 50 calories per 1/8 of avacadoe

It does need to be refridgerated though, but not reheated : )
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Salad:
    128g spinach
    raw broccoli
    sprouts
    zucchini
    tomatoes
    toss in some nuts or meat
    maybe some cheese like feta
    or dried cranberries
    celery
    cucumbers

really anything can go into a salad
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of deli meat like smoked turkey, pepper ham (60 calories), that sort of thing on Weight Watchers rye bread (90 calories for 2 slices) or other light bread; spread the bread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese (35 calories); top with cucumbers, red or green bell peppers, purple onions, banana peppers. About 200 calories. Yum!
  • michelleberard
    Options
    2 ounces of deli meat like smoked turkey, pepper ham (60 calories), that sort of thing on Weight Watchers rye bread (90 calories for 2 slices) or other light bread; spread the bread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese (35 calories); top with cucumbers, red or green bell peppers, purple onions, banana peppers. About 200 calories. Yum!

This sounds SO GOOD, I want it now.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh meats for sandwiches on the Arnold's Sandwich Thins (100 calories)

Progresso from time to time

On Sunday my husband will grill me some chicken strips in a wonderful black pepper marinade for salads throughout the week OR he will throw 4 turkey patties on and I have a turkey burger on the sandwich thin.

Sides: I always substitute chips now for Sensible Portions Veggie Straws (Sam's or Walmart). They taste like Muncho's....
    Del Monte 50 calorie fruit cans
    Carrots

Just a few ideas...
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    You could make a wrap of some sort. The wraps i get are about 80 calories, which would give you 220 calories worth of meat, cheese, or veggies to play with. Tuna salad, chicken salad, turkey and cheese, chicken ceasar salad... simple, and plenty of room to get creative!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary for some ideas :)
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    lol I literally JUST posted this recipe to my blog: http://lifeafterlazy.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-new-favorite-fit-and-healthy-lunch.html

I also sometimes enjoy a salad with walnuts, apple (or pear slices), raisins, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, bean sprouts, chopped onion, and feta cheese with Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Since I live alone, I also eat leftovers from dinner that I've kept frozen. And when I don't have time to prepare anything, I'll grab a can of (low-sodium) soup or a frozen tofu burrito to heat up (Amy's makes some great varieties).

I really try not to rely on frozen meals since they often contain chemically altered, processed ingredients and are high in sodium.

Breakfast for lunch is always an option (like an egg-white omelet or a bowl of oatmeal).
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That sounds SO yummy! I love the Arnold Round bread (100 calories for the whole bun)....and I love the laughing cow cheese....a lot of flavor for so few calories....and the veggies sound very good....I'm stopping by the grocery store to get "the fixins". Thanks for a great idea for lunch!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I love the morning start veagan Grillers they are only 100 calories and I put them on the Arnold Sandwich Thins also 100 calories with a slice of Fat Free Cheese Very good and mustart and ketchup :drinker: :drinker:
  • dbaumgarn
    Options

This is often a lunch I have. Laughing cow cheese has lots of flavors and ohhhh sooooo Yummy!
  • bluehenjen
    bluehenjen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out some vegan and vegetarian cookbooks. I'm not a vegetarian, but I've started incorporating lots of vegan meals into my diet because they are naturally lower in calories.

Ideas off the top of my head:

1. Salads. I eat a lot of salads, usually with salmon and/or hard boiled egg whites for protein. Sprinkle some Craisins on the salad for a little burst of sweetness. Use balsamic vinegar for dressing.

2. Open-faced sandwiches, or sandwiches on lower-calorie breads (like Oroweat/Arnold Dark Rye or Oroweat Healthful Multi-grain, which are 70 and 80 calories per slice, respectively; Sara Lee has breads that are only 45 calories per slice but they have a lot of preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, and other ingredients that I prefer to avoid). Use mustard or Miracle Whip instead of mayo to keep the calories down.

3. Beans, rice, and salsa, if you don't mind it at room temperature.

4. Cold quinoa salad. I mix quinoa, diced zucchini, diced red peppers, and diced red onions in a homemade vinaigrette. I put some finely diced serrano peppers in the vinaigrette to give it a kick. You can also make this with orzo, if you don't like quinoa (just measure your serving, since pasta is usually 200 calories per serving). Sometimes I'll add feta.

5. Non-fat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and some crackers.
  • coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tuna with mustard, relish, onions, and lemon juice. No bread, just eat it out of a cup.

I also like Trader Joe's drumbeats (not sure if I have the right name)

Also a big salad with almonds, chicken and no fat vinegeret dressing.
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat –

Tuna sandwiches with light mayo and veggies and or light cheese. (I use light bread – 35-40 cals per slice)

Smoked salmon sandwiches with light cream cheese and cucumber. (I use light bread – 35-40 cals per slice)

Sometimes I do a “picnic” lunch – light crackers or bread, with some cut-up fruit (apples, orange sections, figs) and a sliced hardboiled egg or two. I don’t make it a sandwich; I just eat it all separately.
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump!