Caloric Intake?

Options
After posting all my food and exercises for the day I am under my caloric intake by 600 calories and at the bottom it says I'm eating to few calories and my body could go in to starvation mode and store fat. I cannot possibly eat more then I am eating now. Then on top of it I am eating all the protein allowed for the day sometimes more and have no idea on how to balance these things out. Any suggestions on what I could do differently?

Replies

• Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you allowed per day? If you are an avid exceriser then your calorie allowance will increase. I tend to fall under my caloric intake when I work out, but try not to stress out about it to much, however 600 is alot to be under, that will definitely slow down your metabolism and railroad your diet.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    It says my goal is 1500 and I normally take in 1200 then minus my 45 to 60 minutes workout which burn anywhere for 350 to 400 calories. I normally don't eat breads or dairy other then greek yogurt. I drink almond coconut or rice milk.
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your weight and height are now but sounds like you are at a "maintenance" level and or have only a few more calories to go. That can get tricky since you are allowed more calories and even more after working out. I would try and at least eat 1250 to 1300 calories. You can add the calories with low fat shakes and or healthy snacks like nuts which can be high in calories but are a healthy. I keep a bag of mixed nuts in my purse, the antioxident cranberry one with almonds is yummy. Ann's house brand is my favorite.

Also there are website for a 1500 calorie deit menus. You can google some, but here is an example of one. You will not be eating too much that will make you full, but the foods although healthy have a little more calories and will get you on the right track.

The key is to try not to let you body go into starvation mode and to snack.

Example below.

Calories - 1536
    Fat - 59.5gms/34% of calories
    Sat - 11.9gms/6.7%
    Mono - 30.4gms/17.2%
    Poly - 13.0gms/7.3%
    Cholesterol - 80mg
    Sodium - 2319mg
    Fiber - 21.3gms

BREAKFAST
    1/2 cup cantaloupe
    1 slice whole wheat toast
    2 tsp. almond butter
    1 cup coffee nonfat yogurt (yuck not sure what that is... lol)

LUNCH
    1 cup minestrone soup
    1 oz. lowfat mozzarella cheese
    2 pieces tomato slices
    2 slices whole wheat bread
    1 tsp. prepared mustard

SNACK
    1 oz. peanuts

DINNER
    4 oz. broiled swordfish (you can replace with any fish, salmon and tuna are always yummy)
    1 sweet potato
    5 mushrooms
    1/2 cup asparagus
    1 cup tossed mixed greens
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tbsp. vinegar
    1/2 cup strawberries

SNACK
    2 whole grain crackers
    2 tsp. peanut butter
    1/2 cup skim milk