Going to do this!!!

Options
Hi - My name is Tammy. I am 36 and a little overweight. My goal is 30 pounds! I decided to try this, after several failed attempts. I lost 15lbs last summer, and of course like usual have since gained it all back. I was recently out with some friends that were taking pictures etc... After I saw myself in those photos, I wanted to dig a hole and crawl in. This is my kick in the butt! I couldn't believe what i was seeing! So - here it is..... the first day of the rest of my life. I am going to lose that weight and keep it off - if it kills me. I hope this website helps! I am looking for support and ideas! Good luck to everyone! I am definately keeping my fingers crossed!

Replies

• Tharris
    Tharris Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi - My name is Tammy. I am 36 and a little overweight. My goal is 30 pounds! I decided to try this, after several failed attempts. I lost 15lbs last summer, and of course like usual have since gained it all back. I was recently out with some friends that were taking pictures etc... After I saw myself in those photos, I wanted to dig a hole and crawl in. This is my kick in the butt! I couldn't believe what i was seeing! So - here it is..... the first day of the rest of my life. I am going to lose that weight and keep it off - if it kills me. I hope this website helps! I am looking for support and ideas! Good luck to everyone! I am definately keeping my fingers crossed!
  • wildcatmom2u
    Options
    :cry: I know how you feel. We recently had our first grandchild. I don't think I really look that bad in person, even tho I am 115 pounds over weight. But when I saw that pic with the baby. OMG!!! :embarassed: :frown: So like you I started my first day on March 11 and have already lost 9 pounds.

So just focus on the future and make those next pictures a knock out!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy and Welcome:flowerforyou: I started 4 weeks ago and I am addicted to this site. The support is incredible and it helps me so much to keep a journal of everything I eat and my exercised. I think you will find MFP very helpful.:smile:
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started this weekend and I am already addicted to it LOL

My reason for joining was to support my sister AND because I too saw photos of myself and nearly died from embarrassment. Usually I stragetically place myself in photos so I know they will look decent..LOL Like hid beind my kids or only allow from the neck up shots LOL Then I see the other pictures and I am reminded full force on the work I need to do. :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • Tharris
    Options
    Thank you! I am hoping that soon I will want to be in the front of the pictures! =)
  • Tharris
    Options
    WOW! That's awesome that you have alrady lost so much weight! Keep up the good work! I am hoping that i can stick to this and see results fast too!