Question about Workout Frequency!

Options
I am 15, so i only am concerned with Shoulders, Bi's Tri's & Chest right now[also back a little too] here is my split im doing-
Mon: Shoulders & Tri's
Tues: Biceps
Wed: Chest
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Here's where im stuck, should i just continue to rest, or work the same muscle groups twice in the same week? Or would that be over-doing it?

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I would just do some basic cardio on Friday. Just something to get your heart rate up and keep you moving. I know it might sound weird but maybe do some yoga on Fridays, it has resistance which will help build up strength.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Read New Rules for Lifting by Lou Shuler. Great information and advice and they have programs and nutrition all laid out for you. Start how you want to continue.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a drag, but you shouldn't be here if you are only 15 years old.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    And by the way, you have to be 18 to join the MFP database. Teens have different nutritional needs compared to adults. Just saying...

In your profile you say that you are 15; however, next to your picture says that you are 18. What is it? Honesty and accountability are important in all aspects of life.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You're technically breaking the rules as you're too young to be on here. Seek the advice of a personal trainer who will know what is appropriate for someone your own age and for your body age. This is an adults site designed for "mature" adult bodies. Not trying to be mean, just helping you further to seek better advice for YOUR body to avoid doing damage.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    My routine routine right now is

Monday chest and tri
    Tuesday Back,shoulder, and Bi
    Wed Legs
    Thur rest
    Fri Chest shoulder and tri
    Sat Back/shoulder and bi

So hitting a muscle group two times a week is fine. If you are only doing one muscle group 2 times a week i suggest doing a large group like chest or shoulder