Losing the last 5

Options
Hi everyone! I started on MFP over the summer and lost weight quickly. Then I did my student teaching assignment and gained back all the weight I lost and then some. Now, I started back up again on MFP and have been on since Dec (approx) and lost all the weight I gained student teaching and then some. I have 5 pounds to go to meet my goal. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on how to do it? I also like to read about food and health, etc. so if you can recommend any good books that would be awesome too.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Do you strength train? Maybe consider adding in some weight lifting. Since I started my weight has really stabilized and it seems I can even eat more now and maintain. Also... at this point, maybe the scales aren't your best friend? Get a tape measure and start monitoring the inches melting away as you lower your body fat %. And you know what they say about diet being 80% of it...
  • Karenmarciano
    Karenmarciano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jennie, it is funny that I am just reading this post and today I decided to do body pump instead of doing my normal hour of cardio. Body pump is an hour of weights. It was fun! Hopefully it will start to pay off.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jennie! Also hope you enjoy Body Pump. It's a lot of fun!!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend any weight loss tips since I haven't lost a thing since I started but I do love fit2fatradio.com!