What Song Motivates You Most?

Options
I usually listen to really upbeat dance, punk or metal for working out, but in terms of just motivating me, encouraging me to keep trying, there is one song that does it. It's in my "cool down" mix as it really isn't great for exercising.

The song is "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Hawaiian singer Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoole. His music is beautiful, so positive and uplifting, and the knowledge that his life was cut short by morbid obesity brings so much more meaning to the words... I nearly tear up when I hear it but always feel encouraged and blessed that it's not too late for me and I can change my life.

Anyone else have a song that really motivates, encourages or just reminds you why you are on this journey?

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Mine kinda change all the time but...

I kid you not...

lately it is "This is how we do it" by Montell Jordan

I don't even generally listen to R&B/rap/pop but lately, it's my jam. Makes me feel happy, makes me shake my butt, puts a big ole smile on my face , keeps me going, and I guess you can't ask for more than that out of a song.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    right now - turn me on by nicki minaj/david guetta!
  • healthylife_tx
    Options
    I have a lot of motivational songs that I like, but my top one right now is "Never Say Never" by Justin Bieber from the new Karate Kid movie. I don't like most of Justin Bieber's music, but love that song!
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    Recently

six.x.x am "This is Gonna Hurt" (it reminds me of the Resident Evil soundtrack so i pretend zombies are chasing me while i run, if i drop below 7mph they win LOLOLOLOL"

Christina Aguilera "Fighter"

Lady Gaga "Judas"
  • vickiebarnes2
    Options
    Push it by Salt and Peppa! :happy:
  • lissamok
    Options
    Little Red Corvette by Prince. Something about it makes me feel like working up a sweat!
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Blow-Kesha
    Or
    Just Dance- Lady gaga
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The worlds greatest... R. Kelly. Its always and. I mean always carries me through some really impossible times :-)
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    I am different! My favorite song to get me started on my workout... is.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

John Travola and Olivia Newton John "The one that I want", someone starts out by whistling at her and then he says, "Sandy" and then it goes on... absolutely pumps me up. Funny huh?

I also like " I love rock and roll" by Joan Jett.
  • marrrgho
    Options
    It's always changing but right now, I find myself kicking a lot of *kitten* to Queen, Don't Stop Me Now when indoor cycling on my own.

For running, Girl Talk, Play Your Part or pretty much the whole Don't Feed the Animals album helps combat my work out ADD. It's a bunch of mash-ups so the songs change a lot which keeps me from thinking about how much I hate running.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Our instructor for Aqua fit has been playing alot of older Prince...................that's fun!
  • kimmieey
    Options
    MC Hammer's Can't Touch This helps me keep going when I'm running!!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    The Meow Mix jingle :) I have it on my Ipod on repeat!

"I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix please deliver!"

It gets me soooo STOKED!!!!

JK! ;)
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When running - I am the highway by Audioslave... It's eerily perfect.

When doing P90X - Sweatshop Union radio on Pandora, or Flowbots radio
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    David Guetta ft Crystal Nicole "I'm a Machine"
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    Rump Shaker by Sir Mix A Lot
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Push it by Salt and Peppa! :happy:

This times a million and a half. The opening ... whoa.
  • abigailm83
    Options
    The song that always gets me going and keeps me going when I want to quit is Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, but I my ipod is full of music from all genres and different decades. :) Oh another good one is She Hates Me by Puddle Of Mudd.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    JAYZ & KANYE - paris remix....Drake- trust issues
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    sexy b*tch ! by akon !! it motivates me bc i wanna be a sexy b*tch for my boyfriend!!! lmao