sedentary?

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So when I first joined I put that I lived a sedentary lifestyle, which I understand means you basically don't do much? But I do 60 min of cardio everyday. On days my son is home we take about a 1/2 hour leisure walk, and when he's at school I usually walk briskly for about an hour. I also have a 3 month old baby so I'm up and down taking care of him during the day. So I was just wondering if this would classify as sedentary, or if I should change it. So far mfp gives me 1200 cals and I also eat my excercise cals, and have not noticed a change in the fit of my clothes or on the scale. Have been doing this for a few weeks- 1 month now. If I should change lifestyle, how do I do that on my profile?

Replies

• peej76
    So when I first joined I put that I lived a sedentary lifestyle, which I understand means you basically don't do much? But I do 60 min of cardio everyday. On days my son is home we take about a 1/2 hour leisure walk, and when he's at school I usually walk briskly for about an hour. I also have a 3 month old baby so I'm up and down taking care of him during the day. So I was just wondering if this would classify as sedentary, or if I should change it. So far mfp gives me 1200 cals and I also eat my excercise cals, and have not noticed a change in the fit of my clothes or on the scale. Have been doing this for a few weeks- 1 month now. If I should change lifestyle, how do I do that on my profile?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I would say you'd be more like light activity. I'm assumeing you're a stay at home mom right now? That section really refers to your job..... what you are doning on a typical day......... not the excercise you do, you log that separately. I am a stay at home wife right now, with cleaning and cooking I'm on my feet a lot so I put myself at light activity. Hope that helps?
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I agree. I would say sedentary would be sitting at a desk for like 8 hours of the day. you sound like lightly active.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Remember that the setting for lifestyle does not include your intentional exercise. You should only base that setting on your day without the exercise. Then you enter your exercise in MFP.
  • Change it to either light or moderate, depending on how often you and the baby get out of the house. A three month old isn't exactly the tiniest thing, and neither is its diaper bag.

You can change activity by clicking on My Home > Goals and redoing them there.
  • peej76
    Thanks guys, hopefully this will help, and maybe why I'm not losing anything? I'll change it and see what happens.