new and frustrated

Options
Hi, my name is Monika and I had a baby in sept.
I have 20lbs to loose to get back to my pre preg. weight.
I have been doing the dvd turbo jam for an hour every day and have not lost one single pound! :-(
i need help to stay motivated because i want quick results... don't we all. lol
any encouragement would be awesome.

thanks

Replies

• jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    Options
    turst me keep at it when i started nothing than it was a few than alot of pounds and when i went out people notice
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Question...
    How many calories do you eat daily?
    How tall are you?
    Whats your Body Fat%?
  • CCMuirhead
    Options
    Don't be frustrated! If you are working out that hard, you're converting your fat to muscle and muscle weighs more. I bet your % of body fat has decreased. Keep it up, watch the calories. Stick with what MFP says you should eat calorie wise and don't always add back the amount it returns to you for the exercise--maybe do that every other day.
  • 97largemarge
    Options
    you have a lot on your plate with a new baby in the house! way to go to begin exercizing!
    With so much going on, it can be hard to eat healthy, but that's the next step. Keep working to include lots of lean meats, good fats, and fruit and veggies to your diet!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for that post pregnancy weight to go, but but exercising, and choosing healthy foods, it will come off naturally.
    It took a whole 9 months to go on so keep a realistic picture of what to expect each month as it goes back.
    As your baby gets more active you will have little rest, and that will help too.
    Be kind to yourself and enjoy this precious time!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Keep track of your food intake and it will open your eyes. I am shocked how quickly that I hit my daily calorie intake. I have a goal of 1.5 pounds per week. I would recommend starting with 1 pound per week for the best results. Hang in there and keep posting. This site is great and the support will help you through the tough times. Good luck!
  • Zumbaeng
    Zumbaeng Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just sent you a freind request. I know what you mean. I have three small kids. My advice is to cut your carbs down low. Way down low to as little as you can get it. in a week or so you'll drop weight. once you get into ketosis in week two, it will be even better. Post Preg is about food. If you eat the same calories in white bread vs. chicken, the calories from bread will turn into sugar which ends up on your hips, butt and all that stuff. the calories from chicken or protein will fule your body. it's complicated... read about low carbing and why it works. Good luck. I work too... a lot in fact, but food has a lot of do with it.
  • kimmieey
    Options
    When I started my weight dropped like crazy and now its not moving, it makes me frustrated so I know how you feel.

I try on some of my old clothes from high school when I was a size 24 and then remember how far I've come and I'm not a quitter.
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight dropped like crazy and now its not moving, it makes me frustrated so I know how you feel.

I try on some of my old clothes from high school when I was a size 24 and then remember how far I've come and I'm not a quitter.

thats exactly how I feel! I lost 28lbs (my goal is 30) and then it just quit. I've lost 5 more since i started doing Tae Bo, but it's going alot slower now.
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oops i meant my goal is 60 have almost 30 to go
  • haiku_gal
    haiku_gal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As other people have said, a lot has to do with your food intake. I've worked out off and on (mostly on) for years, but never quite met my goal weight...and of course, I would gain what I lost back. I've finally accepted that I do need to watch my caloric intake too which, for me, is harder than working out. But as I slowly push through this new "plan" - taking one day at a time - I'm starting to feel better and hopefully will soon look better too. Good luck to you!
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    Hi, I just sent you a freind request. I know what you mean. I have three small kids. My advice is to cut your carbs down low. Way down low to as little as you can get it. in a week or so you'll drop weight. once you get into ketosis in week two, it will be even better. Post Preg is about food. If you eat the same calories in white bread vs. chicken, the calories from bread will turn into sugar which ends up on your hips, butt and all that stuff. the calories from chicken or protein will fule your body. it's complicated... read about low carbing and why it works. Good luck. I work too... a lot in fact, but food has a lot of do with it.

You need to be careful with playing with carbs/ketosis post-partum, especially if you are breast feeding. After having a child, it takes a while for your hormones to restabilize. Once that happens, the weigh loss will be much easier.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there.
  • summerelliott
    Options
    Hi Monica... Congrats on having a baby. I twin girls Dec 2 and like you, I am trying to hard to get back to my pre baby weight. I am also training for a half marathon in April, so I know what you are going through.
    Just stay focused and set small goals. I have food that really helps me.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If it took 9 months to put on, you should expect it to take 9 months to get rid of. Be patient.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    have to count calories. eat back at least half your exercise calories. water water water. veggies veggies veggies. cut sugar as much as humanly possible and then you have to be patient. You didn't gain it in a week did you?
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Check your diet. I've always been very active....running for the helluva it, doing a 60 mile trail ride because it's nice outside, kayaking for hours because the lake is free of boats... But I've always been overweight too. Exercise alone won't get you there. Check your food, be honest with yourself. My exercise log now looks basically the same as it did 6 weeks ago, but I've lost 9 lbs and 2 (!) pants sizes. From a 16 to a 12 in less than 2 months.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Post Partum and a baby, be very careful, look at what you are eating and do some research, figure out your BMR, your BMI, your percent lean body mass, then calculate protein needs. Then don't forsake carbs, you need them to fuel your body but you need to get smart carbs, so keep the processed carbs down and get most of them from fruits and veggies, it will take a bit but I suspect you will be surprised once it starts rolling. Not all carbs are bad or should be denied.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take your measurements! And pics! You will probably start to notice some results.

Good luck and congratulations! :drinker:
  • aphoru
    aphoru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this post! You are totally right! :-D