Just turned 40 and need some support

Options
Hi! I just turned 40 and want to get serious about some serious weight loss and my health in general. Would love to connect with 30- and 40-somethings for support. I just found a power pump class at the YMCA that I love but really struggle with the food aspect. Anyone that has been through it, I would love to hear from!

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a "forty" something :smile:

You can add me if you would like, I am always in need of motivation!! I am my own worst enemy!
  • realist72
    realist72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I too just turned forty. I also have a recent diabetes/pre-diabetes diagnosis, so I need to get my rear going. I need to lose about 120 pounds (yikes), and get my exercise on. :)

Angie
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you would like. 40's is happening to me, too. =)
  • mcoates1965
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and need to lose about 90 lbs. I now have several weight related issues and need help. I must get this weight off so I can live the life I want to live. Would love some buddies to share this journey! I lost about 18 lb since Christmas!
  • re1096
    re1096 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I turned 40 in july.. I said i was not going to get to forty and be fluffy.. but I did.
    I am here now and working it out every day and eating as clean as I can I have decided that my FORTIES are going to be my years.
    I would gladly be here to support and get support from any of you.
  • zephyrzar
    zephyrzar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the fluffy forty. I never thought I would be the weight I am but here I am too =( I just started logging back into MFP to really watch what I eat and keep my motivation up for working out. Keep it going....they say 40's are the new 20's =) Something to look forward to!!!