Please be warned! Especially my ladies!

Options
fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
This has been informed to me ceveral times on FB so please take heed to this warning and awesome advice. Especially the 112 cell phone part. I did not know about that. Be blessed everyone!

Attention! Important!
Especially to the ladies we all care about...
A MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
STATE OF MICHIGAN :

SITUATION..
While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.
For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it....waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON 'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

Oh yea, about the EGGS:
"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK YOUR CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY, AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic being used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND BE AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME THE VICTIM.

WARNING # 3:
Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road,but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called,112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was andthere weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, "Dialing Emergency Number."
Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.

*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about "Dialing, 112"

You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE....

Visit our blog to get the latest in survival gear and safety tips and sign up for our newsletter while your there!
For emergency preparation info, go here: http://www.SurvivalTotalAccess.com/
For the best Emergency Survival Gear and to sign up for our free news letter, go here:http://www.SurviveAndThriveOutfitters.com/— with 'Antoinette Capasso-Backdahl.

Replies

• gsdx7
    gsdx7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thats old, and was found to be untrue.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    A friend currently in the military just posted this and there is a website. I don't think it is unworthy to at least be aware.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BenjSKmfp
    BenjSKmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always hated these kind of messages because they play on peoples emotions to send out unnecessary warnings of what usually amounts to bogus claims. The "eggs on a windshield" is particularly a ridiculous one...your windshield wipers will have no problem getting the egg off...

snopes.com is a great website to verify stories like this...

False:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/eggthrow.asp

False:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

Mixture of true & false:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/fakecop.asp
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I refused to stop for a marked police car until I got to a safer place. It was pouring down rain, he tried to pull me over on a dangerous off-ramp with no shoulder during rush hour. I had my two, very young at the time, children in the car.

I pulled over at a gas station at the foot of the ramp. The officer was incredibly angry, ranted for a while, threatened me...then let me go.

I was glad I'd pulled over in a public place. This dude was NOT in control of his emotions, threatened me in front of my toddlers, and made them fear police cars.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Wow I got this message 4 years ago lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    WOW that is so scary
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks, even though these can be proven as "fakes" it is a good reminder to be extra cautious, like Beastette was/is. There are so many people who are always on the look out to prey upon others. The old saying is true "I would rather be safe than sorry"
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Please check a well regarded site such as snopes.com before passing on this sort of scaremongering.

The fear of crime far outweighs actual crime as an evil affecting our society.

There are many many women who are afraid to drive their cars at night. Not because of any real dangers but because they are made to feel afraid due to stupid ill thought out "warnings" such as this.

Think about the damage you are doing to society before perpetrating this poppycock.
  • jessimacar
    Options
    MYTHBUSTERS!! Lol. But seriously, I think the point of this message is that it doesn't hurt to be cautious. There's never any harm in that.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I live in Michigan....this is a hoax....please stop passing around these types of things...
  • fit4mom
    Options
    MYTHBUSTERS!! Lol. But seriously, I think the point of this message is that it doesn't hurt to be cautious. There's never any harm in that.

Thank you and it was posted to my FB by a trusted friend. But this comment was exactly right on. I posted word for word and I heard it from other friends. Thought it worthy to pass on. Not too long ago in my town gang members were nocking on doors in broad daylight and attacking whom ever answered including children. That was on the news. So to hear something like this does not go unlikely to me. I posted word for word what was on my FB page.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Hoax or not. **** like this happens all the time.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    While I agree that some of these are scare tactics, you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss. The "baby seat" incident just happened in my city. The woman was beat into a coma, actually. I've seen this post on FB as well. I don't know if it was mentioned, but the flier being put on your back window has also happened in my area. Use common sense and do not stop for unmarked cars, get out in a dark/secluded area, etc.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    if you are that scared get a weapon and learn how to use it.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    this particular email message may be a hoax, but the message it sends is not. It doesnt hurt to be aware and to be cautious,.and look out for your own well-being. There was just an article about a man impersonating police in an unmarked car, happening within the last few months, i believe in South Carolina. etc. Bottom line is you never know and should always err on side of caution.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    if you are that scared get a weapon and learn how to use it.

I happen to have a 12-gauge shottie, among other things. Wouldn't have done me any good with the officer, though. No weapon can substitute for awareness and common sense.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Wrong. In many cases, it DOES hurt to be TOO cautious.

Far too many women live their lives in a misery of fear and foreboding that far outweighs the actual dangers.

Yes, use common sense, but absolutely reject these messages of fearmongering.

Ask yourselves... In cases such as this, when it is proven beyond doubt that it is a total LIE... Who is it who makes up this crap, and what are their motivations?

Are these the sorts of people you really want to encourage???

Save the warnings for REAL issues. Warning women about things that are proven to be false, as easily as clicking a few buttons on the internet is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE!!!

Christ on a bike this lying crap makes me SO angry... :angry:
  • fit4mom
    Options
    There were several ladies in Wa State that had their wombs cut open and their unborn babies stolen as well as their lives. So I don't see how these things are so impossible. On top of that the last babie that was on the news has brain damage and the ladie is in prison. That was her sentence for stealing a baby, taking a life and ruining many lives. The mom had 2 other children anda husband.