Curse of the Nasty Chicken Nuggets Triumphed by the BDCNSALF

Options
Okay, so I've been doing REALLY, REALLY good since I started this time. I wasn't even having that hard of a time. Right now hubby and most of my kiddos are sick so we didn't go to my mom's for lunch yesterday like we usually do. Hubby said to just pick up something on my way home from church so I wouldn't have to cook. He and the kids wanted McD's, but I was good and got Subway (no mayo, losts of veggies) for me. When I was divvying up the burgers and nuggets, I popped a nugget in my mouth out of habit. Next thing I knew I had eaten....? I don't even know how many and the thing is they weren't even good! Oh, and I polished off the two bites of double cheeseburger my daughter left. AAAAAH!!! One day I WILL defeat mindless eating! Anyway, feel like I'm back in the groove today with no fast food trips on the radar. I have Breyers Double Churned No Sugar Added Low Fat Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream in the fridge if I want a treat and still come in under calorie limit. At 90 calories for 1/2 cup or 180 for a cup (seriously how many people only eat half a cup of ice cream?) its a very allowable and VERY YUMMY indulgence. :heart:

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Okay, so I've been doing REALLY, REALLY good since I started this time. I wasn't even having that hard of a time. Right now hubby and most of my kiddos are sick so we didn't go to my mom's for lunch yesterday like we usually do. Hubby said to just pick up something on my way home from church so I wouldn't have to cook. He and the kids wanted McD's, but I was good and got Subway (no mayo, losts of veggies) for me. When I was divvying up the burgers and nuggets, I popped a nugget in my mouth out of habit. Next thing I knew I had eaten....? I don't even know how many and the thing is they weren't even good! Oh, and I polished off the two bites of double cheeseburger my daughter left. AAAAAH!!! One day I WILL defeat mindless eating! Anyway, feel like I'm back in the groove today with no fast food trips on the radar. I have Breyers Double Churned No Sugar Added Low Fat Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream in the fridge if I want a treat and still come in under calorie limit. At 90 calories for 1/2 cup or 180 for a cup (seriously how many people only eat half a cup of ice cream?) its a very allowable and VERY YUMMY indulgence. :heart:
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL I cracked up laughing at your half cup ice cream comment. That is soo true!
  • wildcatmom2u
    Options
    Old habits are hard to break. What really helped me decide if I really wanted that double cheeseburger at McD's was downloading the nutricitonal chart. I couldn't get one at the restaurant, so I just went to the website. I went to all the local fast food websites and down loading the chart and was shocked and amazed. Now when the family says, lets go out to eat, all I see is the chart and estimate what I can and cannot have. That is not to say that I don't have that double cheeseburger, but if I watch my calorie intake, I can have it as a treat. Don't let the calorie counter overtake your life. Save it for cheat day or watch what you intake for the day and still have what you like and crave.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wildcat I do the same thing. I always find out where we are going first then check out the menu so I know what I can eat. It is amazing how things really add up! And I do LOVE ice cream! We got the fat free fudge bars that help a little with the chocolate and ice cream cravings!!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    LOL.. haha, I also always wondered who could only eat half a cup... I have a hard enough time keeping myself to 1 cup!