PEANUT BUTTER

Options
I think I'm addicted to peanut butter HAHA!! How do fight this craving?? I could eat it by the spoonfuls! Its driving me crazy and killing me on my calorie intake.

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem LOL !! I love the grittiness of natural peanut butter. You should buy some PB2. It is powdered peanut butter & it is the real stuff. I read about it on a few bloggers sites & I decided to ordered some from Amazon & it is good stuff !! Tastes exactly like peanut butter at half the calories. I use it in my smoothies.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I chuckle because as I sit here typing, I'm eating...peanut butter. By the spoonful. And I've lost 148 pounds eating peanut, almond or sunflower seed butter almost every day. By the spoonful.

Can you moderate? Nuts and nut butters are high in calories because of the healthy fats they contain so there's no need to cut it out if you can moderate your serving size.

I use a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to eat with, and level out the spoonfuls. As a result, a serving becomes 4 spoonfuls. I put the lid back on after each spoonful. The result is that I eat it slowly and it seems like I'm eating more.
  • BexRex0
    Options
    I love peanut butter especially on my pancakes! Yummmm. I say everything in moderation. It's strange but you can over eat healthy things too that will make you sick.
  • Maria052007
    Maria052007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 50 lbs eating peanut butter. She loves peanut butter and did this "Peanut Butter Diet"

http://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-peanut-butter-diet

She however would cut her portions back say like instead of 6 oz of chicken she ate 4 oz, and a little less than 20 min before she ate a meal she ate a tablespoon of peanut butter. It made her feel fuller, and peanut butter has a lot of good things in it.
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok I am so glad to know it is not just me. Seem to crave it almost. Lol #so hooked
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter at least once a day. Today I had PB&J for lunch. I just make sure I measure out a serving.
  • tiakarr
    Options
    I have the same problem LOL !! I love the grittiness of natural peanut butter. You should buy some PB2. It is powdered peanut butter & it is the real stuff. I read about it on a few bloggers sites & I decided to ordered some from Amazon & it is good stuff !! Tastes exactly like peanut butter at half the calories. I use it in my smoothies.

OH I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for the tip!!
  • myaldog
    myaldog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heads up... PB2 is available at Dierbergs for those of you who have one in your area! It's not listed on their website! LOVE THE STUFF!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I eat peeanut butter every day. I use Smuckers natural pb- the only ingrediant is peanuts. Usually spread two tablespoons on 3 GG Scandanavian Bran crispbreads. For a real treat slice a banana on top, drizzle with a couple teaspoons honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon. I have it as an afternoon snack, when I can sit an relax, really savor it.

But PB is really a weakness for me so I put the jar away in a bottom cabinet tucked away so I don't see it and its a little harder to get to. Because I will wake up in the middle of the night, grab a spoon and start snacking.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Love Peanut Butter, too - crunchy, natural - YUM. With pancakes, LOVE - love it with apples, too - or, just by itself!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    PB2 or JIF To Go packs! :)
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I use the pb2 and its a good alternative. I just cant do moderation so I dont have peanut butter in the house. I had to make something one day last week with peanut butter for a lunch at work.. I took the rest of the jar in the next day as I would have eaten it all in 24 hrs.. I am totally addicted!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I think I'm addicted to peanut butter HAHA!! How do fight this craving?? I could eat it by the spoonfuls! Its driving me crazy and killing me on my calorie intake.
    From time to time I will eat the whole jar in one sitting.
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i allow myself 2 tbs of peanut butter everyday and make sure i have the room for it! its my favorite food and i coudnt imagine not eating it everyday! :) its good healthy fat and protein in moderation!
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

PB is really good for you! A spoonful here and there is fine. Can you ration? Don't cut it out entirely, especially natural PB (Teddie Old Fashioned Natural Super Chunk is AMAZING). I have some every day, especially hard workout days. Maybe pre-track it into your day, and use a food scale to make sure you're accurate in the amounts?
  • deliak2010
    Options
    Don't worry girl, you don't need to fight the craving!! I loveee peanut butter (especially pb&j sandwiches :) but when I have one I just make sure I measure it out and my whole PB&Strawberry Jam sandwich is 230 calories. How, you ask? It's 150 calories for 2tbsp of Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter (DELICIOUS!), 70 calories for two slices of Aunt Millie's Light Potato Bread (you can also use any other Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness bread- only 35 cal a slice!), and 10 calories for Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves (sweetened w/Splenda and tastes great!). Try making your PB&J this way and I promise you will have no reason to feel guily or deprived! :)
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I add a tbs of pb to my green smoothies, YUM!!!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter with my celery sticks.
  • xxxemaxxx
    xxxemaxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    me too :-) it is addictive. i love it on toast with honey on top :)
  • lduncan0044
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone!!