Men who lift heavy things

Options
Meant to be "Pictures of men who lift heavy things"

Because as refreshing as it is to see women getting into strength training, their bodies are not relevant to my goals.

EDIT: While this may not be your goals, being insulting because "derp derp these guys are meatheads" isn't really helpful in any way, shape or form.

33lzeqb.jpg
Anatoly Pisarenko; Olympic Weightlifter for the USSR in the 80's

a588b7.jpg
Konstantin Konstantinov; Latvian Powerlifter and current record holder of the biggest raw Deadlift without a belt

11gu1wy.jpg
Derek Poundstone; American Strongman competitor

Now post yours.

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    m1n3t.jpg
    Zane Geeting; Powerlifter in the 242 weight class
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Poundstone loves his juice
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Poundstone loves his juice

Do you have a source for this? If so, then this is sad. :(
  • BexRex0
    Options
    What do you guys think of the bench shirts? Have you tried it before? Is there a big difference in weight you lift? Just curious.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can feel my testicles retreating into my body
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    What do you guys think of the bench shirts? Have you tried it before? Is there a big difference in weight you lift? Just curious.

I've never used it because I'm nowhere near a competition level, but all of the powerlifting equipment obviously aids in the lift; it can be seen in the numbers in the difference between a raw lifter and an equipped lifter.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    2yv3rj8.jpg
    Jim Wendler; powerlifter, though I think retired
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    2yv3rj8.jpg

I love the pics of him in off season! He looks like fat *kitten*!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    2yv3rj8.jpg

I love the pics of him in off season! He looks like fat *kitten*!

I'm pretty sure this is an old picture. He's dropped some weight in recent time I believe. Either way, he can Deadlift the weight of a small family+.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

I've never used it because I'm nowhere near a competition level, but all of the powerlifting equipment obviously aids in the lift; it can be seen in the numbers in the difference between a raw lifter and an equipped lifter.

I have competed in the past, and they do raise your lifts. But you will gain much better core strength without using belts and stuff like that. If you goal is stricktly to lift something heavy, then they have a place. If you are just trying to get stronger and bigger, there isn't much need for all that stuff. I got too fat for my weight belt, and as a result went raw...........and have never put one on since............
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    2j4ssnt.jpg
    Milen Dobrev; Bulgarian Olympic Weightlifter and record holder of The Snatch in the Men's 94kg weight class
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Big strong men are awesome. :smile: Impressive.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Mind-boggling strength.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Some random pictures

34ezxhh.jpg

es56ko.jpg

16bzrdt.jpg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    k50iux.jpg
    Brian Schwab; holds records for Bench Press and I believe total as well in the 148 lb. weight class
    He actually owns a gym near me, but besides it being kind of a drive, I'd be intimidated as hell to work out there.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Observation - most of these guys have really short arms. Now, does this make them better at lifting because they have less distance to go? Or, do their arms just look short because their huge muscles push them out?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Observation - most of these guys have really short arms. Now, does this make them better at lifting because they have less distance to go? Or, do their arms just look short because their huge muscles push them out?

Hmm, I don't see it. I think the opposite would be true, for Deadlifting at least.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Hmm, I don't see it. I think the opposite would be true, for Deadlifting at least.

Really? Look at the Zane guy. I have really long arms (6'1" span) and was told by a trainer that heavy lifting is harder for long-armed people and easier for short armed, barrel chested people.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

Really? Look at the Zane guy. I have really long arms (6'1" span) and was told by a trainer that heavy lifting is harder for long-armed people and easier for short armed, barrel chested people.

Hmm. I don't know really.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Too bulky for my taste.

I like nice definition and tone but leaner.

Form follows function. These guys have performance based goals, and don't really care about looking like an AE model.