george foreman grilling

Options
What's your take on using these types of grills? Advantages, disadvantages? Favorite thing to prepare on it? I have one sitting in the box since Christmas, is it worth using?

Replies

• Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love my foreman, you will screw up a steak the first couple of times though. lol I like my steaks medium, medium rare, so my steak it literally on the foreman for 2 minutes. I use lean beef so I don't have to worry about the fat dripping off. I've made kebabs, barbequed chicken, salmon fillets, walleye wraps, everything! My boyfriend hates it because he can't figure it out.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Love it! Fast, and easy to use. Just be careful not to over cook. I use it for everything!
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Love mine. It was my most used appliance before I learned to cook or had a family. It's great for small portions. I use it for all my meats, Pannini, quesadillas, larger grilled veggies. When. Was just cooking for one or two people, I could cook the whole meal on it really quickly.

It's also great for when you forget to defrost the meat, I can cook a frozen chicken breast in under 20 minutes
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love mine. It was my most used appliance before I learned to cook or had a family. It's great for small portions. I use it for all my meats, Pannini, quesadillas, larger grilled veggies. When. Was just cooking for one or two people, I could cook the whole meal on it really quickly.

It's also great for when you forget to defrost the meat, I can cook a frozen chicken breast in under 20 minutes

I never thought about using it for paninis or quesadillas! My boyfriend and his son are going to be so happy tomorrow. lol
  • kecdennis
    Options
    Yeah, I love them, I used mine all the time! I really liked grilling sandwiches on mine!
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I never thought about using it for paninis or quesadillas! My boyfriend and his son are going to be so happy tomorrow. lol

For the quesadillas, just make sure you have the fold at the bottom, so it will prevent everything from leaking out. The paninis, ou do need to make sure there is alot of filling, otherwise it will be too thin to get the nice crispy grill lines
  • Elarissa
    Elarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We love love love our George Foreman grill. The best part is just how much easier it is to cook things. My husband and I use ours almost daily to cook chicken. . it's big enough we can also grill veggies on it at the same time. Like someone else said though it cooks fast so just make sure to check your food otherwise it can go a little dry.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    you can line it with baking paper to help the clean up!
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Im excited to try mine out