Pills....to use or not to use?

Options
So I am just curious....are any of you using any weight loss pills in addition to working out and eating healthier? I know weight loss isn't going to happen overnight, but I was just wondering what you guys were doing to maybe help aid the process? If so what do you suggest and why?

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I take a one a day active metabolism vitamin. Don't know if it is great for you but it has been working for me. I figure my body needs the little boost due to a lack of nutrients I am getting from eating a low calorie diet.

Plus it has about as much caffeine in it as an 8 oz cup of coffee so it gives me a little energy :)
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    last year my doctor put me on a pill to get me started. It made me so Jittery that I did lose 10lbs on it but I gained them all back. This time I told her that I would do it myself. I can't feel like I drank too much coffee at midnight anymore.
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I take multivitamins (not really what you're going for, I know) and some other supplements I got from my gym. I know it's probably a ploy but I took the bait anyways since the stuff was on sale. I use a fat release and carb repel. So far, I feel like it has made a tiny difference, but it could be my head.
    I don't use like, Lipozene or any of those.
  • akiramezu
    Options
    Are you talking about fat burners?
    such as Nutrex Lipo6 Black, Xenadrine, Hydroxycut Pro etc?
    If so, they are not for you. Weight Loss Pills are complete bull**** (the ones u see on tv ads)
    and fat burners, the ones i mentioned, do work, but only for body builders
    and athletes looking to go down to less then 10% body fat in which
    dieting no longer helps. Best way to lose weight is to keep at it with a healthy diet and consistent exercise
    which you've heard heaps of. (:
  • Kathy077
    Options
    Well I have been taking a b complex vitamin, but I really don't see a difference...and i'm not too convinced on taking a weight loss pill, because alot ive read about you cant snack in between meals, or the reviews ive read were about feeling jittery and what not. I like to eat three meals a day and snacks inbetween...so idk..just kinda seeing what all you guys are doing. Thanks for the feedback so far!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    last year my doctor put me on a pill to get me started. It made me so Jittery that I did lose 10lbs on it but I gained them all back. This time I told her that I would do it myself. I can't feel like I drank too much coffee at midnight anymore.

Phentermine? That sounds like it. It's chemically similar to the drug speed.

Weight loss pills are entirely unnecessary and potentially dangerous. Stick with diet and exercise.
  • workout_momma
    Options
    No pills for me! I take probiotics, collagen glucosomine and St. John's Wort but NO DIET PILLS. I just believe that good ole fashion sweat works! In 5 weeks I have lost 9.5 inches and 6 pounds! Come on ladies...you can do it and do it the healthy way! So many times I have heard someone say they lost lots of weight with a diet pill, only to gain back what they have lost and more. A nice slow and steady weigh loss is the safest and most effective way to go about it. But this is just my two cents :)
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have in the past, like when I was in high school, and never saw results (other than racing heart and shaky hands). Now I eat nutritiously and moderate my portions and healthy eating has become a habit that I really don't have to think about.

I'm so glad the pills didn't work because I learned how to live a healthy and fit lifestyle that I will practice for the rest of my time on this earth, but with the pills, if they had worked, I'd have to take one every day for the rest of my life in order to stay fit. I'd rather eat mindfully and exercise and be healthy. :)