A Journey of Self Respect and Healthy Living

Options
Hey everyone! I'm so pleased to join this loving community. My goal is simply to live a lifestyle of dignity, self-respect, and caring for others. I have made the decision to affirm my value as a contributing member of our human community. I am blessed with two beautiful, very athletic sons, and it is important for me to put a smile on their face and show them that Dad has "got it going on"! My wife is very disciplined with her healthy lifestyle, and I would like to be an encouragement to her also. I am a social worker for kids with developmental disabilities, a job I am blessed to do. In my former years, I was a football player and a pretty athletic guy, at 6'21/2" and approx. 230 lbs. Today, I am approx. 380lbs! I am an example of an individual who "eats his emotions". Perhaps some of you can relate to this? Over many, many months, I have done a lot of the "emotion work", and I am now ready to take charge of my daily habits in a practical, thoughtful way. Myfitnesspal.com seems like a great place to join others in a responsible, healthful community. My best wishes to everyone here!

Replies

• hotmojo1
    hotmojo1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so pleased to join this loving community. My goal is simply to live a lifestyle of dignity, self-respect, and caring for others. I have made the decision to affirm my value as a contributing member of our human community. I am blessed with two beautiful, very athletic sons, and it is important for me to put a smile on their face and show them that Dad has "got it going on"! My wife is very disciplined with her healthy lifestyle, and I would like to be an encouragement to her also. I am a social worker for kids with developmental disabilities, a job I am blessed to do. In my former years, I was a football player and a pretty athletic guy, at 6'21/2" and approx. 230 lbs. Today, I am approx. 380lbs! I am an example of an individual who "eats his emotions". Perhaps some of you can relate to this? Over many, many months, I have done a lot of the "emotion work", and I am now ready to take charge of my daily habits in a practical, thoughtful way. Myfitnesspal.com seems like a great place to join others in a responsible, healthful community. My best wishes to everyone here!
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am sure you will really enjoy this website. I started back in February and everyone here is so supportive and helpful!
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can relate to the emotional eating :) Wish you the best of Luck!!!
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome & the best of luck to you!!!!
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    WoW... your affirmation was lovely hotmojo. Welcome to MFP and Good Luck on this journey!

I don't do EEO (emotional eating outbursts) often but life happens...the trick is to hop on the wagon with the very next meal if you can...don't beat yourself up over it and get yourself into an exercise regime...even if it's just walking...fresh air and endorphins make one feel better and better about oneself.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck. This website is awesome!:flowerforyou: