Weight loss rate?

Options
Even after selecting a 1 pound per week I am losing 2 pounds per week. I have been meeting my calorie goals nearly exactly, still weight loss is much more than I had expected. I am not exercising at all and am at 178 pounds. Is this weight loss healthy?

Replies

• ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yup!! Enjoy it while it lasts. That is the beauty of early weight loss. Setting the your goal to one pound a week was a GREAT choice because it's the healthiest way to do it, and in the beginning it's never just one pound a week. Your metabolism thanks you :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Indeed. Your body will lose what it wants, when it wants! As long as you are confident you are taking a healthy amount of food and getting some exercise - the results will happen. Quickly for some, slowly for others.

My fat loss has been happening like clockwork for the last 5 months. loss, plateau, loss, plateau... All at an average of about 1lb a week. Every person is diufferent, but it is MUCH more important to focus on the process than on the result, as difficult as that can be at times :)
  • pankbajp
    pankbajp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for assuring me! Hoping to reach my goal sometime mid-year :smile:
  • jchesketh
    Options
    Great answer...