A New Me

Options
For most of my life I battled anorexia and bulimia. Finally, I was able to put the eating disorder aside through therapy and many years of hard work on myself. Due to a certain medication, I gained 35 pounds back in 2004. Since then, I have not been able to get into a groove towards losing the weight due to being so down on myself.

My husband recently has lost 75 pounds. I'm so proud of him and admire him. He is my inspiration. If he can do it, I certainly know I can too. He is my main support person through this journey.

I am grateful I found this website. It will be a great tool for meeting my goals. I'm very determined to get back to my old self, in a healthy manner. And, I know I can do it if I set my mind to doing it.

I look forward to meeting many of you. The more support the better!

Coffeegirl

Replies

• coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For most of my life I battled anorexia and bulimia. Finally, I was able to put the eating disorder aside through therapy and many years of hard work on myself. Due to a certain medication, I gained 35 pounds back in 2004. Since then, I have not been able to get into a groove towards losing the weight due to being so down on myself.

My husband recently has lost 75 pounds. I'm so proud of him and admire him. He is my inspiration. If he can do it, I certainly know I can too. He is my main support person through this journey.

I am grateful I found this website. It will be a great tool for meeting my goals. I'm very determined to get back to my old self, in a healthy manner. And, I know I can do it if I set my mind to doing it.

I look forward to meeting many of you. The more support the better!

Coffeegirl
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    we're in this together, so you are surrounded with support. Hooray for you, coffeegirl:wink:
  • coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    heatther and sitarami,

Thank you for the words of support! :)

Have a great day!

Coffeegirl
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome. This is a great place to be. The many tools and support are what keep me going through-out the day. Best Wishes:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: We are all here for you if you have questions or need support! Good Luck! :drinker:
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    COFFEEGIRL..awwwww yes..a women after me own heart..:wink:
    Welcome and keep us posted ...........we need you !!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • KristieT
    KristieT Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you ever feel like you are not motivated come on this site and just read what people have to see. Normally it helps me to say I gotta go do this and I will go work out. It helps me on those days I am feeling lazy.

Good luck!
  • KristieT
    KristieT Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you ever feel like you are not motivated come on this site and just read what people have to see. Normally it helps me to say I gotta go do this and I will go work out. It helps me on those days I am feeling lazy.

Good luck!