Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfasts

I am just doing my meal planner for the week and was just wondering if I should have anything else with my smoothie on a morning? Ive read that having a large breakfast and small lunch dinners with a couple of snacks is much better.

I find that I get extremely bloated and full with porridge very quickly and then im hungry an hour or so later because I didnt eat enough so Im looking for healthy alternatives to accompany a smoothie or do you think a smoothie should be enough?

Replies

• lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    I try to eat 5-6 times a day...thats the best way to keep your metabolism going. I think it depends on what your putting in your morning smoothie and hw you feel. I alternate breakfast in the mornings and somedays I have smoothies, but still eat about 2-3 hours later, usually I have some fruit and yogurt
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Ive read that having a large breakfast and small lunch dinners with a couple of snacks is much better.

You can structure your meal sizes and meal timing/frequency according to personal preference provided that you are still hitting your intake goals for the day. As long as you remain in a calorie deficit over time, fat oxidation will exceed fat storage and the net result is win.

When I'm cutting weight I'll often eat 2 meals per day. Dinner and Dinner #2, shortly before bed.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I try to eat 5-6 times a day...thats the best way to keep your metabolism going.

In addition to my previous reply, the above isn't necessary and your metabolism will keep going regardless of how often you eat. You can literally not eat for a full day and your metabolic rate won't slow down by any appreciable measure.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    I do a smoothie first thing in the morning (whey protein powder, half a banana, and a handful of some other fruit). Several hours later, around 10 or so, I either have fat free Greek yogurt or plain oatmeal, usually with cinnamon and berries (or walnuts) mixed in. Two breakfasts keeps me from being ravenous by lunchtime.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    My favorite breakfast is a breakfast wrap. Scrambled egg, veggies and salsa wrapped in a soft tortilla, with or without meat and cheese.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Try "Smart Ones - Ham and Cheese Scramble." A weight Watchers frozen meal. 220 calories, low fat. Smells and tastes surprisingly good. And a good vitamin.

http://www.eatyourbest.com/sitecore/content/Home/products/smart-beginnings/ham-and-cheese-scramble.aspx
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    I try to eat 5-6 times a day...thats the best way to keep your metabolism going.

In addition to my previous reply, the above isn't necessary and your metabolism will keep going regardless of how often you eat. You can literally not eat for a full day and your metabolic rate won't slow down by any appreciable measure.

^^^This!

Sleep in and skip breakfast! Its healthier!
  • beemcbe
    beemcbe Posts: 22 Member
    I switch it up. On my gym mornings I eat a scrambled egg (sometimes I throw some spinach in there) and a piece of whole wheat toast. It's a quick way to get protein without leaving me feeling too full to work out. Then when I get back I grab a little snack to hold me over until lunch. Other mornings, when I'm not hitting the gym until later in the day, I eat a bowl of oatmeal and some yogurt or a piece of fruit. That keeps me fuller longer.
  • I like a
    half of the thomas's thin whole wheat bagel with
    1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter and
    1 teaspoon of unslalted roasted sunflower seeds on top.
    I find it is satisfying and I am not hungry an hour later, and the peanut butter helps alot if you are not used to th whole wheat.
    Its 174 calories and about 7 grams of protein:smile:
  • Thanks everyone, I think I am going to have a smoothie nd then 2-3 hours later have natural yogurt or something thanks
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member

^^^This!

Sleep in and skip breakfast! Its healthier!
    Please stop. There is no studies proving that skipping breakfast is any healthier than not skipping it. Studies just prove that you can skip it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I put coconut oil, blackstrap molasses, and hemp protein powder in mine in addition to fruit and almond milk. It is beyond filling, generally takes me an hour to drink.