What is the most number of calories you ever consumed?

Options
We all fall at times, what is the most number of calories you ever consumed a day before and after starting Mfp?

For me it was during the holidays, i was averaging around 2000 and 2500 with out exercise. Before MFP i cant be sure, but my guess is, i have hit 3500 a day.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    About tree fiddy.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The first day I started using MFP I went to Long John Silvers. My meal with condiments was probably 1800 to 1900 calories. That was one meal. I am sure I have had worse meals and days; but the fact that was the first day of using MFP, that meal will stick in my memory for a long time. Now if I have a meal over 700 calories, I freak out a little.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My largest day since I started tracking was Mar 12, 2011 - approximately 7277 calories while at Disneyland. But, that was nearly on purpose. My husband decided that me looking longingly at all of the snacks and treats at Disneyland wasn't enough and spent the day gleefully buying me pretty much every single snack and treat I'd wanted on each of our previous trips to the park. He also wanted to see if I could ever get full (a long running joke of me being a bottomless pit. I can totally out-eat him without effort).

I had an awesome day of 100% pure gluttony and it's made it easier to go to the park each time after that without buying all of that stuff rather than always wishing I could get it.

Oh, and no, I never got full. lol
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My largest day since I started tracking was Mar 12, 2011 - approximately 7277 calories while at Disneyland. But, that was nearly on purpose. My husband decided that me looking longingly at all of the snacks and treats at Disneyland wasn't enough and spent the day gleefully buying me pretty much every single snack and treat I'd wanted on each of our previous trips to the park. He also wanted to see if I could ever get full (a long running joke of me being a bottomless pit. I can totally out-eat him without effort).

I had an awesome day of 100% pure gluttony and it's made it easier to go to the park each time after that without buying all of that stuff rather than always wishing I could get it.

Oh, and no, I never got full. lol
    lol. Thats sweet. They were worth it, im sure.
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I didn't count how many calories I'd eat before my diet but I know there were days where I'd eat chinese buffet that had to equal over 3000 just in and of itself plus whatever a big mac, large fries, and 2 apple pies was, and then whatever else I'd eat or snack on. So maybe around 5k or so.

After joining, I think one or two times I hit 3k on two horrible days where I had emotional breakdowns but usually if I overeat, it still only hits 2k. The majority of the time, calorie intake is between 1100 - 1800, which is a lot less than before! :laugh:
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm well aware of the calories food have, I'd say that 5000-6000 is not a fantasy :)
    my recent binges were about 3500-4000 , so yah totally :)
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I reckon on Christmas easily 4000 including drink and food
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Easily 10,000 calories.

Christmas eve I ate the equivalent of a small farm in meat and half of willy wonkas chocolate factory. Gained 16lbs of water weight.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but i do tend to binge (well did tend to binge, not so much anymore) but i really wouldn't be surprised if i hit 10 000 cals at some point. Jesus, that feels really weird writing that down. I should prob be ashamed but i'm not, spilled milk and all that. I think the most i've had since i've been on here is about 2000.
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I dread to think!! I'm a new member on here and didn't join til after I'd discovered the 'healthy way of life' (lol!) but before I started my weight loss journey I could easily eat a large dominos pizza, garlic bread, chicken dippers, ice-cream, doughnuts and a bottle of coke in a day and still pick at sweets, crisps and milkshakes all day!! For a girl of 5"2 who did no exercise there's no wonder I wasn't happy with my weight!!
  • donnabirch123
    Options
    before joining mfp, i dread to think how many cals i was consuming,

two large milky bars, followed by pop tarts, hot choc, pizza, mars bar, alcohol, Chinese, and a lot more, just one day, i think i would crash the site if i tried to add that!!

i little knowlidge about what your eating really helps to make the right choice,
    no longer feel like i want to eat a hole tub of ice cream, feel like im happy that i havent, not bad because i have!

1200-1500 a day now, not 9000
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Before mfp.... about 4500-5000 a day. Logging on here was eye opening to say the least! Hence being sensible with diet has helped my weight start melting away.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'd say I've definitely had 7,000 or maybe even 10,000 days before. You'd be surprised how easy it is to consume that many calories without eating an obscene amount of food if you just eat 3 full meals at a restaurant and don't pay attention to what you eat.
  • donnamillie
    donnamillie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    dont know how many calories but i have had days where i have had a mcdonalds, kfc and chinese all in one day (probably had a hangover lol)
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    It's hard to say this but last year for lunch I'd always go to McDonald's and get a large double cheeseburger meal. Then right after, I'd always have a bag of Famous Amos cookies. This was at least 5 days a week.Then I'd get home and have whatever my mom made for dinner (which was usually not very healthy at all, especially when having seconds and thirds of everything) along with more assorted snacks. And then If I was hungry later at night, I'd have no problem ordering a pizza just for myself.

I don't even wanna fathom how many calories all that adds up to.
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to tell because I used to eat all kinds of takeaway and junk food and I used to stuff myself till I was almost ill, but now I have no cause to log these thing cos I don't eat them so I'm not sure how many calories they would be but if I had to guess I'd say maybe 10,000+ on a regular basis.
    Wow, looking at it like that, 1,330 a day is a massive improvement. :-)
  • littlebrunette24
    Options
    Not sure before I joined this site.

But on Tuesday of this week (Valentines Night) I went for a 4 course Indian meal and consumed 3,081 calories that day, which is a good few more than anyother day.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good feel for how many calories I consumed daily before MFP. At the very least, about 3,000 to maintain the weight I've been at for the last year. But I know I've had to have had up to 10,000 calorie days. I wouldn't eat much during the day. (I was never a breakfast person, and I'm not much for lunches (my breakfast/lunch habits improved when I had a structured job and needed the energy), so I'd have large dinners. A whole box of mac 'n cheese with sour cream and chives substituted for milk was a normal dinner for me. I'm still eating dinner heavy, which I need to work on. I'm finding now that I'm not eating enough during the day, and I'm no longer satisfied -- hunger-wise -- with that. So I plan to make some changes.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    in wetherspoons BEFORE one meal i would have
    a large portion of chilli nachos -- 1250
    a gourmet chicken burger with chips - 1650
    and a sticky toffee pudding - 870

3770 calories for one meal.............. Jeeeebus

and thats no including the 4 large full fat cokes i would have

now i just have the sweet chilli chicken noodles which are like 586 cals..... n sometimes the pudding :P
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    christmass!!
    bacon, pancake + loads more breakfast
    massive lunch at my house
    then at my boyfriends
    then at my aunts
    thenn at friends for drinks!

i gained 7lbs in 10 days, terrible!