Hi

Options
I'm new to this and my goal is to get back to the shape I was when when I graduated basic training in 2002. I live in South Mississippi and I work offshore drilling for oil.

I could use some friends on here and all the motivation that I can get. Please feel free to add me.

I started out at 237lbs, my goal is to get down to 200. Good luck everyone.

Replies

• Tp77
    Tp77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! x
  • ccmyers
    ccmyers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks, I'm going to need it.

I travel around half of the year so getting a home cook meal opposed to a quick meal is going to be tough.
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would imagine being isolated on a rig and food that is prepared for you the temptation to eat when you are not busy is a challenge?? If that is what happens try cutting down your portion sizes a little at at time and if you can eat healthy snacks. Most likely you know all that and that you are the one that has to decide to change your lifestyle. Are there lots of stairs on the rig? If so start doing some walking up and down them in your free time, if they allow movement like that. Good luck and welcome aboard.
  • ccmyers
    Options
    This rig that I am on is nothing but stairs. And we do have cooks out here but it is seldom that they cook a healthy meal.

I have been requesting that they start adding more grilled options. I have gave up the fried foods and bread in general and am placing my focus on grilled fish and a lot more fruit.
  • zumbaabby
    Options
    sounds like a good plan :). the stairs should give you a good workout, if you have the time in your day to run them for 5 minutes or so. are you allowed to bring your own food on there?
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    good luck to you.
  • ccmyers
    Options
    I travel using a helicopter so I have to bring a small bag to carry things in.

And I have started getting up every morning and knocking out some pushups.
  • ccmyers
    Options
    Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Pancakes would of been better lol