In need of some serious advice!!

Options
Hi everyone!

I am in such a pickle I need some help!!
I am in my second year of uni (UK) and I can't decide whether to leave or stay. I failed a module in my first year and they put me on an ordinary degree course which basically means I don't pass with honours meaning I will just get a pass at graduation. Less than a third!

The Uni said they don't let people from ordinary back on to honours. I stupidly decided to continue into second year but I have found it really tough and just failed both of my Jan exams, which I can retake but do I want to??. I am struggling so much! I haven't really got much interest in the course and I think my Uni is way to good for my ability, Should I leave or should I stay??

I'm just scared that when I do leave uni I'll be stuck in a rut not knowing what to do with my life and end up going nowhere. I also don't want the label of being a uni drop out but it's true I just don't cut it.

Has anyone else been in this situation or have any good advice for me?? I would really really appreciate it!

Cheers

Replies

• st11290
    st11290 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, that sounds like a really difficult situation you are in, hope you're okay!

I just though I'd tell you a little about my experience with uni.
    Basically I started uni in september last year, due to healh problems and the fact that I wasn't to keen on the course or uni, I left in January. However I didn't drop out completely, I took an interruption of studies, meaning if I want to I can go back in October and start the year over. Maybe this could be an option for you? Take the rest of this year off, and restart in the winter if you decided you wanted to? I know how confusing it can be not knowing if you're at the right uni/doing the right course etc. What about chatting with your course leader of advisors at uni at where you can go from here?

I was petrified of being labelled as the uni drop out, the idiot who couldn't cut it. But people really suprise you. They are supportive and understand. Uni isn't for everyone. I beleievd for a long time that it was what I needed to be successfull but I see now that it isn't. There is SO much more to life. If I were you I would take the time off, weigh up your options over the next few months. Maybe get a part time job, start saving, have you ever wanted to travel? That could be good for you soul, finding yourself and also an ideal time to do it!

I hope this kind of helped, I know not much helps because you're trusting yourself to make the right decision. I'm sure you will. Take care xxx