when is your motivation strongest?

Options
Ok so back when I was still struggling to figure out how this whole diet and body thing worked.... I used to do all of my best "dieting" in the ten or twenty minutes before I got out of bed in the morning...... I would have the BEST of intentions.... lay there planning my meals, my workout and then thinking how great I was going to look.... :bigsmile:

Then I would get up and twenty minutes later I was eating an english muffin with jam and saying what have I done????? and oh well today is shot, might as well enjoy it and start over tomorrow.....

It wasn't till I started keeping it in focus 24 hours a day that I stopped "slipping" and started getting it under control.... once I broke that habit of self sabotage..... everything fell into place and I started being aware of what was really going on with me....

When is your motivation strongest? what works for you and what doesn't?

Replies

• akiramezu
    Options
    Every single day, every single hour, every single minute, every single second. enough said.
    if you want something, you go get it and you should always be motivated. :)
  • Mrsmako
    Options
    Hello!

My motivation is at its strongest the more I lose. When I hear that someone is excited to come to my wedding I get this massive rush and feel good which makes me want to behave.

When it come to losing weight I find if I have a big lunch and a light dinner I feel stronger :)
  • HannahRichie
    Options
    When I have something to work towards, sometimes at this time of year although summer is a great motivation its just a little too far away, and the temptation to say I will start next month is very strong, instead I like to give myself targets which are realistic and that I can meet within 6 weeks, this way you can achieve them, see results and get motivation from seeing that your diets working!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Every single day, every single hour, every single minute, every single second. enough said.
    if you want something, you go get it and you should always be motivated. :)

yup :)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I of course have my weak moments like everyone. But when motivation is starting to slip, as it will with everyone at some point or another along their journey, I think to myself about how I deserve it. No one has or will ever take care of me for me when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. It is up to me and I know I'm worth more than a tempting food or sitting on my butt watching tv and letting my heart suffer. I deserve to treat my body well because it is all mine. I've just gotten to a point where I actually care about myself now and the consequences of my actions (or lack thereof). That's usually enough for me.

Oh, and minigoals like fitness goals also help because you can feel a bigger sense of accomplishment in shorter time spans rather than the end of everything. Feels good!