‎...the best antidepressant I have ever found...

Options
‎...the best antidepressant I have ever found...

"Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind. The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back." -- Henry Rollins - Black Flag

Replies

• vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree and I love Henry Rollins!
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I agree with the extremely reductive "condition of body determines condition of mind" relation that's implied, but I like the position of determined strength over complacency he seems to suggest.

I also like his Neubauten tattoo... but that's all. :laugh:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I agree. I was diagnosed with chronic major depression and got put on generic Prozac and sent to therapy. Neither did much. Working out and eating healthy help soooo much. I'm not on any drugs or anything anymore and am doing great, but I do start to slide when I'm not keeping up on a healthy lifestyle.

Antidepressants and therapy are absolutely necessary for some people and are a useful tool, but I think keeping your body healthy is absolutely key and probably the most important treatment of all. I think the high rates of depression we have these days has an awful lot to do with the sedentary lifestyle the majority of us have now.