Sooo Frustrated

Options
I have been on this site counting calories and excercising like crazy four 4 weeks now and have not lost one single pound. I drink water like it's going out of style and eat healthy stuff! What is the problem?? I was even sicker than a dog last week and did not lose one single pound! How is that possible?? This is enough to make me say forget it. Ugh!

Replies

• enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    I have been on this site counting calories and excercising like crazy four 4 weeks now and have not lost one single pound. I drink water like it's going out of style and eat healthy stuff! What is the problem?? I was even sicker than a dog last week and did not lose one single pound! How is that possible?? This is enough to make me say forget it. Ugh!
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It takes time, depending on everything we just seem to plateu for a little bit, but it will come. Also watch and make sure you eat all your calories so your not in starvation mode. You can do it! :smile:
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry :( That is so frustrating!!!

A question, do you actually measure your food? Or do you just eyeball it? I'd take to measuring it just to be absolutely sure you're logging the right amounts as well as EVERY SINGLE THING you eat (I know I've been guilty of both and it sabatoges me BIG time)

Also, do you workout? Maybe a brisk 20 min walk here and there would help. Keep with it! You CAN do this!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

A question, do you actually measure your food? Or do you just eyeball it? I'd take to measuring it just to be absolutely sure you're logging the right amounts as well as EVERY SINGLE THING you eat (I know I've been guilty of both and it sabatoges me BIG time)

Also, do you workout? Maybe a brisk 20 min walk here and there would help. Keep with it! You CAN do this!

I agree with gingerkid. I noticed that your profile said you relied on junk food cuz you are so busy. Are you still eating the same things but in smaller amounts?
    Tiangelah just went through the same thing is she has now lost 2 pounds. She may be able to offer some words of motivation and encouragement.
    Stay strong, it will work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • staliajones
    Options
    Try not to get too frustrated because it is a well known fact that weight loss is slow at times, but you will reap the benefit soon enough. Just stick with logging your food and exercise. If you have been stressed lately, that can have a negative effect on your weight loss. I agree that you should definitely eat the total amount of calories for each day and try not to go too far under because your body can go into starvation mode. Also, if you do work out, try to change it up some by either doing different cardio exercises (machines) or increasing your resistance and time. Remember that you are definitely not the only one who is having a difficult time with weight loss, so keep your head up and try to remain positive. Sticking with it is key, especially since this is not a diet, but a commitment to improving your overall quality of life (long term). Good luck!:smile:
  • staliajones
    Options

I agree with gingerkid. I noticed that your profile said you relied on junk food cuz you are so busy. Are you still eating the same things but in smaller amounts?
    Tiangelah just went through the same thing is she has now lost 2 pounds. She may be able to offer some words of motivation and encouragement.
    Stay strong, it will work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a VERY good point. If you are consuming foods low in nutritional value (sweets, salts) throughout the day and even if you remain within your daily amount, it can be bad for your body. Since calories have been cut down to loose weight, it is really important to consume foods that are high in nutritional value (protein, fiber, and yes, some fat) so that your body can function properly. Taking a multi-vitamin in addition to your food is a good idea.
  • enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    That could be! Although I don't measure my food I have upped my protein intake and lowered my carbs (love carbs) I eat lots of fruit and veggies and I work out nearly 1 1/2 hours a day from hitting the treadmill to pilates to weight lifting! I am just finding it very hard to believe that I am not making one little dent. Since joining the site I have really cut out the junkie stuff I was eating and have changed my workouts! I am just FRUSTRATED!
  • mikeleroux1970
    mikeleroux1970 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    your scale is stuck:flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Take your measurements this month instead of relying on the scale. It sounds like you are getting alot of exercise and are most likely loosing inches! It may be the motivation to keep you going.

Also, are you eating at least most of your exercise calories earned? It is stressed on these message boards by alot of people who have been doing this for a long time....if you are not eating at least some or most of these extra calories earned then you will be putting your body into starvation mode!!!

I personally have not been on this site for very long and have not lost alot of weight but am struggling with keeping on a schedule that works for me.

Good Luck with your weightloss journey!
    :smile:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Are you toning up and finding that your body is more defined? When I was younger and training to compete in the Miss Fitness pageant I got up to 172 lbs! Yep. Of nothing but muscle. I had 11% body fat and a waist about 24 inches (Like a 4th grader-in fact I made cut offs out of a pair of jeans I wore 5th grade until college when they just shredded because the denim was so old) and I wore a size 3/4! So weight isn't always the best tool to gauge loss. You probably lost fat and increased muscle mass. That is basic biology. And even eating junk food this would be true as long as you burn more than you eat and you work out like your post states. You could eat crap each day and although it won't help your heart, hair, skin etc. you would gain muscle and look toned as long as you work out and burn more than you eat. So as I am always saying don't rely on the scale try using some piece of clothing you can't wear or buy a dress or cute outfit that is 2 sizes or so to small and use that to check. Plus on a side note-check your actual scale. if it is digital you may need a new battery and if it is the other type it could be off by as much as 15 lbs, those are not reliable.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have also been on my diet/exersize for more than a month now, without a single pound loss. My boyfriend keeps saying its all muscle weight, so keep up the good work!