I need baked desserts!!!!

Options
Alexstrasza
Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
I love cooking! Love love love it! I especially love baking, which is probably part of how I gained so much weight, lol.

Since starting my weightloss journey I haven't baked a single thing and it's finally getting to me!

So can anyone give me ideas for low-cal baked desserts? Also low-sodium would be great as well!

Replies

• itbemekm
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com she has WONDERFUL recipes ! :smile:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com...seriously LOVE that site...Im starting to really love cooking...I think its helped me sooo much learning how to make healthy stuff for myself!
  • TreadmillNinja
    Options
    Just be careful. She replaces fat with high high carbs :(
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Try the blogs Peas and Thank You, (Never)homemaker, and Oh She Glows. Not everything on them is low-calorie, but a lot of it is, plus, they're fairly health conscious for the most part.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There's always the 2 ingredient recipe for chocolate brownie muffins. One box of dry devils food cake mix and one can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) and that's IT, no other additional ingredients (not even the ones they call for on the box of mix). I put them in mini muffin/cupcake liners, and bake them for about the same amount of time listed on the box (but keep checking on them). You can also do the same with a box of angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapples, including the juice.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I bought the Atkins flour. I just switched sugar to splenda and white flour for the baking mix. It's really not too bad in regular recipes. Try the butter flavored crisco bars, there is a recipe for choc chip cookies on the label. Switch the brown sugar to the splenda mix, then the flour for the baking mix, drop the milk/use water, and Hershey's sugar free choc chips. Then make the cookies teaspoon sized not tablespoon size.

I bake meringues all the time with just egg whites and Davinci Zero Calorie Flavored Syrups too. (no sugar) The white chocolate syrup makes them fabulous!