p90x how important is the pull up bar

Options
i live in an old house i can;t think of anywhere i could fit one in. the door frames are to thin for the argos screw in one and the hook over the top on the door wouldn't fit mine because the wall is too close to the door.
tedious excuse but the thing is i keeping reading huge prices over in amrerica for p90x on amazon in the uk the dvd,s are 20 GBP so maybe i can buy things seperately. i have dumbells already so any help appreciated everyone seems to already know what they are talkng about.
i could just work out with weights but im so inexperience i would proably end up looking lopsided or something without any help lol

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    There are 2 different workouts almost every week that do quite a few pullups so it's important. Do you have room for one of those free-standing towers?
  • ripperxxvi
    ripperxxvi Posts: 12
    Options
    Pull up bar is fundamental to Classic P90x, I agree explore a free standing option. A neighbor of mine installed one to the rafters in his basement.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    There are 2 different workouts almost every week that do quite a few pullups so it's important. Do you have room for one of those free-standing towers?

i shall have a look im think of doing up the old shed in at the bottom of the garden. no one will see me failing there lol
    thanks
  • wsujohn8
    wsujohn8 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's very important. I hung 2 in my basement. One for my wife and one for me. I used pipes for plumbing. You need 2 floor flanges, one 3 foot section of pipe, 2 elbows, and two 1/2 inch nipples. Very easy. If no basement, then find rafters to attach it to. $20 total for one.