Afraid of the Flab :/

Options
Does anybody know any great strength exercises that will help me tone up some of this leftover flab?
I mean, so far so good, since I'm not having a drastic weight loss, I'm only losing up to 40 pounds, but still.
I'm afraid that even though I'll be losing inches I won't be toned up.
(Btw, I already know about the 30DS and I started but never finished, I plan to do that in May)

Replies

• vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Why put off for May what you can get done today???
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Reducing flab is about reducing body fat, and the best way to reduce body fat is by diet and strength training! Heavy weight lifting does wonders for women. I do deadlifts, squats, front and back lunges, etc. They work the legs, hips and core.
  • djssteffen1
    Options
    Yep any excercise s good, Running, Fast Walking, Lunges, Step classes, Spinning Biking. Weight bearing excercise strenghtens bone and tone core muscles without thinking about it and as someone else said flab and loose looking skin is usually some remaining fat unless weightloss was extreme. I get a kcik out of all the ab workouts and itms to get toned abs. Most of us have six pack ab muscles already they are just buried under these cute belly rolls or pony kegs. Bike or run and see the world! Or join a gym and take teh free classes at the "Y" they are motivating. Swimming is good also.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep any excercise s good, Running, Fast Walking, Lunges, Step classes, Spinning Biking. Weight bearing excercise strenghtens bone and tone core muscles without thinking about it and as someone else said flab and loose looking skin is usually some remaining fat unless weightloss was extreme. I get a kick out of all the ab workouts and items to get toned abs. Most of us have six pack ab muscles already they are just buried under these cute belly rolls or pony kegs.

There's nothing cute about MY belly rolls. :tongue:
  • msrena
    msrena Posts: 21
    Options
    What she ^^ said LOL
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Why put off for May what you can get done today???

With the 30 Day Shred, you put on more muscle than anything. I'm doing cardio and strength to shed the fat, and then the 30 Day Shred to build muscle, get it?
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Yep any excercise s good, Running, Fast Walking, Lunges, Step classes, Spinning Biking. Weight bearing excercise strenghtens bone and tone core muscles without thinking about it and as someone else said flab and loose looking skin is usually some remaining fat unless weightloss was extreme. I get a kick out of all the ab workouts and items to get toned abs. Most of us have six pack ab muscles already they are just buried under these cute belly rolls or pony kegs.

There's nothing cute about MY belly rolls. :tongue:

Agreed!! Hahaha
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Reducing flab is about reducing body fat, and the best way to reduce body fat is by diet and strength training! Heavy weight lifting does wonders for women. I do deadlifts, squats, front and back lunges, etc. They work the legs, hips and core.

Great! Thank you!