Hi I'm Amber

Options
This is day two for me and I am so determined. I am a 29 yr old single mom of a 4 yr old and I am not happy with my weight, I haven't been for a while. When I was in my early twenties I weighed around 130 and was so much more active and had so much more energy. I am currently at 160 and ready for a change. I need a change for myself and my daughter I want to be a good example for her.

I am struggling with one issue. I am hypoglocemic ( low blood sugar) not sure how to get the right amount of sugar in my diet without over doing it.

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and great motivation. I wish I had advice for the hypoglocemic condition. I don't. I do have kudos for you wanting to be a good example for your daughter! well done!
  • mauretta1980
    mauretta1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amber i am also new to the community, RE: Hypoglycemia the best advice i could give you. is for you to use whole grain products & natural sweeteners, when baking use whole wheat instead of blanched flower, using Organic or natural honey as a sweeter in pies, cakes tea etc.

I hope this works for you
  • funsize27
    Options
    Hi amber i'm Dani i just joined and am looking forward to interacting with you all to help each other along the weight loss journey
  • trackerrtom64
    Options
    Just be patient and stay motivated. You're energy level will slowly rise beyond your expectations. I am 48 years old with a 21 month old son. I weighed in at 213 when my son was born and am now approaching 185. I just kept telling myself that if I didn't take control of my weight I might not be around for him...there is no better motivation than that. My energy levels have been unbelievable once I started in the right direction. Although I slip here and there I don't worry about the short term. It's a marathon not a sprint!
  • mauretta1980
    mauretta1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would love some motivational Pals, this is going on my second week here and loving this, My New Facebook lol you can add me mauretta1980
    Good luck All :)